3. 3. How many Conservative MPs?

4. 4. WHat will the turnout be?

• 80%+
    • 60%+
    • 40%+
    • 20%+
    • Less than 20%

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/06/24 at 17:00

20 minutes ago, villaajax said:

I don't trust these sites. Was it 'Best for Britain' that was run by lib dem supporters and suggested voting lib dem in seats where other parties could have won instead and ended up causing the tories to win seats

Then double check it with other sites, last terms results and any chat about any of the candidates. It’s never that hard to work out a tactical vote. 

Mine’s an easy labour vote. The labour vote has been climbing here each election. With a candidate who’s been a great councillor for years, so great she’s well respected by Tory voters too. The current Tory MP was a parachute entry and hasn’t done anything of note, other than a vote to continue dumping waste in our waters, what absolutely went down like a wet turd. 

All the other entries are just not up to scratch. 

So, a Labour vote is my vote to get a Tory out. I may not be convinced by starmer, but I will be getting a decent MP in my constituency

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

its about labour showing us

How do they show you if they don't form a government?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

How do they show you if they don't form a government?

Well thats a unlikely scenerio  as every poll has them winning a landslide

I think the replacement is Anita Boeteng (Former Question Time Producer 🤯 and SPAD to three ministers)

Bridgend which they currently hold but will probably lose

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Well thats a unlikely scenerio  as every poll has them winning a landslide

Yes but they can't show you before you decide who to vote for.

Unless of course you own the Tardis

For a counter point on the 'tut tut, Labour clearly aren't the Tories' comments.

It's hard to tell. Labour have spent this extended coronation essentially running around telling us how they agree with the Tories on the fundamental points, but think they're doing it badly. They've happily opened their arms to multiple Tories. They have happily told us they're not spending any more money on the NHS, and the only cast iron solution to how they achieve these wonderful efficiencies in the service is to look longingly at private services, just like every government for the last 20 years. And let us not forget that, despite looking wistfully at Blair and Browns tenure, this very site had people decry then as a red Tories at the end. Now the same ideas are coming back and we're supposed to be delighted. 

What if what the country needs is a new path? Labour aren't offering one. They're offering the same path as the Tories, with slightly different shoes and wayfarers not aviators.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yes but they can't show you before you decide who to vote for.

Unless of course you own the Tardis

Yes but im obviously talking about when they are coming in power.  I thought that was obvious you cant judge a party until they take office 

3 hours ago, DaoDeMings said:

Wow. Very intriguing to see where this goes from here. Would expect Cons to improve somewhat but they've only been getting worse since they announced the election.

That's  not what the election announcement  backing song said. More Tory lies

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

For a counter point on the 'tut tut, Labour clearly aren't the Tories' comments.

It's hard to tell. Labour have spent this extended coronation essentially running around telling us how they agree with the Tories on the fundamental points, but think they're doing it badly. They've happily opened their arms to multiple Tories. They have happily told us they're not spending any more money on the NHS, and the only cast iron solution to how they achieve these wonderful efficiencies in the service is to look longingly at private services, just like every government for the last 20 years. And let us not forget that, despite looking wistfully at Blair and Browns tenure, this very site had people decry then as a red Tories at the end. Now the same ideas are coming back and we're supposed to be delighted. 

What if what the country needs is a new path? Labour aren't offering one. They're offering the same path as the Tories, with slightly different shoes and wayfarers not aviators.

Exactly this. To see the absolute destruction of the tory party should be one of the best things to happen in my life time but when a 'labour' government gets installed that offers nothing different and will act as a continuity government, it's very underwhelming.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

The problem is anything left of this or New Labour doesn't get elected.  Maybe now they are so far ahead in the polls they could throw in some more progressive things in the manifesto when it's released.  Could be some surprises, you never know.

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

The problem is anything left of this or New Labour doesn't get elected.  Maybe now they are so far ahead in the polls they could throw in some more progressive things in the manifesto when it's released.  Could be some surprises, you never know.

Left of this can get elected it just needs the right people. Corbyn years had a good (and popular) manifesto but the wrong people

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I wouldn't count on it. 

This is a Labour that is doing to be handed a whacking great majority on the back of selling 'I can't believe it's not Tories!' policies. That's not going to be something they forget, and they'll act just as they are expected to, because that's what they are and what they've shown.

Unless we assume Starmer and co are pathological liars who just made up shit they didn't believe in to get into power and will suddenly pull the mask off when the door to No.10 clicks shut. Which isn't going to happen.

There truly aren't any good leaders in any political party on offer at this election, aside from Binface. I don't even see any convincing leaders coming through. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

There truly aren't any good leaders in any political party on offer at this election, aside from Binface. I don't even see any convincing leaders coming through. 

What happened to the Nye Bevans of the world

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Really depends what you mean by good leader, doesn't it?

Wes Streeting, James Cleverly and Nigel Farage are all excellent at communicating their political ideas to a particular group of people. As was Jeremy Corbyn before them.

I'm guessing that's not what you mean though?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

Wes Streeting, James Cleverly and Nigel Farage are all excellent at communicating their political ideas to a particular group of people. As was Jeremy Corbyn before them.

I can 100% say I wasn't thinking of Streeting, Cleverly, Farage or Corbyn. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Yeah, I listened to a bit of Wes Streeting up at Hay when he did a talk a week ago.

Not a sound bite of his words, not a reporter’s take of his words, just him under no pressure speaking in his own good time on subjects of his choosing.

Doesn’t believe in hand outs, apparently. Doesn’t believe in changing the child benefit cap. Strongly believes the way to a better NHS is more private initiatives.

Don’t forget to wish really hard when you vote Labour cos you’ve had about enough of the conservative mindset.

I listened to the guy for 40 minutes. Not a clue why he’s in Labour to be honest, other than it’s some legacy thing because he grew up poor.

• Like 4

Streeting (whose only upside is you know he's sharpening the knife for the leadership run already, ready for chaos), Reeves... They're all barely recognisably different to Tories.

Change. 

Snigger.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I can 100% say I wasn't thinking of Streeting, Cleverly, Farage or Corbyn. 

Yes, I didn't think you were.

The last few Prime Ministers who you could describe as "good leaders" are probably Thatcher, Blair, and arguably Johnson. I'm guessing you weren't thinking of them either. 

If I were being cynical, I assume what you're defining as a good leader is  "someone who can get elected believing the things that I believe".

• Like 1