3. 3. How many Conservative MPs?

4. 4. WHat will the turnout be?

• 80%+
    • 60%+
    • 40%+
    • 20%+
    • Less than 20%

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/06/24 at 17:00

28 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The Tories would love nothing more than for people to think labour are just as bad. 

Starmer should just go into the debates and say 'hands up if your party had a leader that broke the economy in a week'. And leave it there. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The Tories would love nothing more than for people to think labour are just as bad. 

This has been a line from them for a long time, you see the public getting interviewed saying exactly this

• Like 1

The stupidity of the 'all as bad as each other' argument is endlessly frustrating, but I do have some sympathy for those who are completely alienated and apathetic considering the system is sort of designed to make people feel that way. It's very easy to get in that mode of thinking and it's frustrating that politicians never try to address it.

• Like 2

First time I won't be voting for Labour. Greens have the best policies, though since the tories gerrymandered our constituency in order to try to win the one next to us, I wouldn't be surprised if the lib dems could snatch this seat so a tactical vote is slightly tempting.

1 minute ago, villaajax said:

First time I won't be voting for Labour. Greens have the best policies, though since the tories gerrymandered our constituency in order to try to win the one next to us, I wouldn't be surprised if the lib dems could snatch this seat so a tactical vote is slightly tempting.

I want to vote Green, or Lib Dem as they have a very good local candidate, but I think on the day I'll be too afraid of the Tories sneaking in (however unlikely) and tactically go Labour. Electoral reform can't come soon enough.

5 minutes ago, villaajax said:

Labour and Lib Dems are both handing out leaflets with made up bar graphs showing themselves as best placed to unseat David Johnston.  

I'm purely voting tactically so will wait until the last minute to see who is genuinely looking most likely.

7 minutes ago, villaajax said:

What is the evidence for the Tories gerrymandering your constituency?

8 minutes ago, villaajax said:

I like their policies too but i also want the tories out and my constituency is held by the Conservatives but Labour have a great chance of winning it so Labour get my vote.

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

What is the evidence for the Tories gerrymandering your constituency?

Wantage (UK Parliament constituency) - Wikipedia

Abolition[edit]

Under the 2023 Periodic Review of Westminster constituencies, the Boundary Commission for England proposed boundary changes to the Wantage constituency to reduce the number of electorate in the constituency.[10] At the time of the 2019 General Election, Wantage's total electorate was 90,845, making it the largest constituency in Oxfordshire and the 13th largest in the United Kingdom.[11] The proposals reduced the total electorate to 74,356 which is significantly closer to the average electorate of 72,200 for constituencies in England.[12][13]

The commission proposed the renaming of the Wantage constituency to Didcot and Wantage.[14] The boundary changes saw the wards of Faringdon, Kingston Bagpuize, Thames, and Watchfield and Shrivenham move into the Witney constituency, whilst the new Didcot and Wantage constituency absorbed the small villages of Clifton Hampden, Culham, Nuneham Courtenay and Sandford-on-Thames from the Henley constituency.[15][16]

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

This is a good site with regard to tactically voting to get the Tories out. Just enter your postcode. 

https://stopthetories.vote/

I don't trust these sites. Was it 'Best for Britain' that was run by lib dem supporters and suggested voting lib dem in seats where other parties could have won instead and ended up causing the tories to win seats

11 minutes ago, villaajax said:

I don't trust these sites. Was it 'Best for Britain' that was run by lib dem supporters and suggested voting lib dem in seats where other parties could have won instead and ended up causing the tories to win seats

This is definitely legit. Carol Vorderman is heavily involved in it/promoting it and she is 100% focused on decimating the Tories and not pro either Labour/Lib Dem etc.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

This is definitely legit. Carol Vorderman is heavily involved in it/promoting it and she is 100% focused on decimating the Tories and not pro either Labour/Lib Dem etc.

Then why not use a non-partisan resource whose priority is being correct rather than a particular result?

2 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Then why not use a non-partisan resource whose priority is being correct rather than a particular result?

It's not trying to be non-partisan. The site is dedicated to stopping the Tories. In that sense, 'correct' is encouraging people to vote for the party that is most likely to unseat the Tories.

38 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Wantage (UK Parliament constituency) - Wikipedia

Abolition[edit]

Under the 2023 Periodic Review of Westminster constituencies, the Boundary Commission for England proposed boundary changes to the Wantage constituency to reduce the number of electorate in the constituency.[10] At the time of the 2019 General Election, Wantage's total electorate was 90,845, making it the largest constituency in Oxfordshire and the 13th largest in the United Kingdom.[11] The proposals reduced the total electorate to 74,356 which is significantly closer to the average electorate of 72,200 for constituencies in England.[12][13]

The commission proposed the renaming of the Wantage constituency to Didcot and Wantage.[14] The boundary changes saw the wards of Faringdon, Kingston Bagpuize, Thames, and Watchfield and Shrivenham move into the Witney constituency, whilst the new Didcot and Wantage constituency absorbed the small villages of Clifton Hampden, Culham, Nuneham Courtenay and Sandford-on-Thames from the Henley constituency.[15][16]

This is evidence that the electoral commission, who are independent looked at the constituency and decided that it needed changing to more accurately homogenise the electorate in each constituency across the country. The Tories have nothing to do with this process and even the quoted section says it had the largest electorate of any seat in the county and 13th largest in the country. It was always going to have its boundaries changed

This is not gerrymandering

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Its not anout whatc the tories make us think - its about labour showing us. 

Just because the tories are **** shit it doesnt mean we have to accept another shit government in labour because they are not Conservatives. Dont want to hear excuses when they come into power just like when tories takw over from labour. Your given  5 years to least show some improvement 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

IIRC correctly Best for Britain are using their own MRP polls as the basis for their decision making this time around