3. 3. How many Conservative MPs?

4. 4. WHat will the turnout be?

• 80%+
    • 60%+
    • 40%+
    • 20%+
    • Less than 20%

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/06/24 at 17:00

One day, long after the election, I hope someone is able to really explore what his thinking process was when he went for a surprise election without funds or candidates.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

One day, long after the election, I hope someone is able to really explore what his thinking process was when he went for a surprise election without funds or candidates.

Tim "somehow still the worst" Shipman is clearly going to have to get one last book out of the era before all his Tory contacts become out of power and useless. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

The thinking process was what the hell we are going to lose anyway lets get it out of the way before I can get a new job in California. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Have you also decided that fixing up the parquet flooring is less of a great idea than you’d imagined?

No, but kind of similar. Damp in the chimney had caused a floorboard to start to rot. Chimney cap removed, vented pot fitted (by roofers).  I knocked out the blocked up bottom to let air circulate, removed the skirting board, sanded and treated the wooden floorboard, and the skirting board, made a (vented) cubby hole in the opened up bottom of the chimney and now need to finish that and repair the plaster, sand, paint…

But it was while I was walking back from the DIY shop that I saw the election posters and boards, and googled the candidate.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

The thinking process was what the hell we are going to lose anyway lets get it out of the way before I can get a new job in California. 

I don’t think it’s that.

The story that seems most credible is that he was advised by Issac Levido not to do it but was advised by his mate (and general arse) James Forsyth to do it and he chose to do it.

The Why question is because he’d been told the letters were in by Graham Brady. He went to the country to spite the backstabbers

24 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Tim "somehow still the worst" Shipman

Did Harold die?  He used to be the title holder.

Does anyone buy these books about elections and stuff?

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

Drove through nearly the whole thing and didn't see a single Tory sign. Would have been unthinkable at the last election. 

Same round here. Two GEs ago, quite a lot of Tory signs, few Labour. Tories held the seat comfortably. Last time, considerably fewer, with more Labour ones. Tories held but now with a wafer thin majority. This time, zero Tories (so far), but also far fewer Labour - I think they are complacent that it's already in the bag. 

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

My lad was playing football against Chew Valley yesterday, which meant I ended up doing a two hour round drive around Jacob Rees-Mogg's constituency.

Drove through nearly the whole thing and didn't see a single Tory sign. Would have been unthinkable at the last election. 

It was heading to a close run thing on the last few results iirc but the boundary commission changes really didn’t help Mogg either. It’s also one of those interesting seats because he’s up against another (albeit short time served) sitting MP for Labour so they will both get the name recognition bounce a sitting MP is supposed to get, though in Mogg's case, he’s enough to drive a lot of people to vote against him

In regards to the Sunak, DDay insult. Sometimes it's an insult to even attempt to "apologise". Just like all those responsible for the Post Office debacle, just hang your head in humblness, and shut - up!!

Edited by sheepyvillian

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Being able to take up a job elsewhere and move the family for it is the most coherent explanation I have seen so far. 

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Listening to the Lovely Eggs, is what I heard. You know the song.

For those who don't

(I am in the crowd)

• Like 2

Apparently it is harder for to have your own home under the Conservatives.  Say Labour? Lib Dems? 

No, someone who really knows what they are talking about.  

The case for self sabotage just got a bit stronger.  

Sue Ellen can’t help herself, like I said, more of this shite will be going on

All over the papers with this yesterday. If Sunak actually had any testicles he'd expel her from the Tory Party,

9 hours ago, bickster said:

I’m kinda warming to this Ed Davey campaign

I did think the stunts were bloody stupid to start off with but when you compare it to the lies of Sunak, the utter robotics of Labour, the obvious grift of Farage it’s actually quite refreshing and he deserves some kudos for actually getting through that interview. At least he comes across as human.

I must admit this has grown on me. Just seemed idiotic at first but with the lies and boredom of the labour and Tory campaigns the sight of this guy with a big smile on his face and looking like he’s really having fun is a bit of an antidote.

Suspect they’ll do well in the south west and take a few Tory seats which is good. I think their new strategy of a phased re-entry into the EU is the right way to go and glad someone is talking about it finally.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bickster said:

I don’t think it’s that.

The story that seems most credible is that he was advised by Issac Levido not to do it but was advised by his mate (and general arse) James Forsyth to do it and he chose to do it.

The Why question is because he’d been told the letters were in by Graham Brady. He went to the country to spite the backstabbers

There's  definitely an element of spite in there, or "Why don't you love me? Haven't you seen how great I am? I'll show you". While that might resemble more of  a political sketch than reality, as with every caricature, there is a grain of truth. 

While it would be excellent if he lost his seat, I will get a certain enjoyment from seeing him getting thrashed at a national level and then having to go back on his pledge to sit as an MP for 5 years regardless of the outcome of the election. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, desensitized43 said:

I must admit this has grown on me. Just seemed idiotic at first but with the lies and boredom of the labour and Tory campaigns the sight of this guy with a big smile on his face and looking like he’s really having fun is a bit of an antidote.

Suspect they’ll do well in the south west and take a few Tory seats which is good. I think their new strategy of a phased re-entry into the EU is the right way to go and glad someone is talking about it finally.

He has achieved the first part of  the aim, to get people talking about him/the Lib Dems. Resembles Boris Johnson in a way - but unlike Boris Johnson, there is a more serious message behind the bufoonery, which is the second part. And also distracts from his history as postal minister. 

Will be interesting  to see how they get on. Think I had them down to get 40 or so seats, but might revise that at the next poll.

Edit: And unlike Johnson, he can talk about his family as he knows who they all are. 

Edited by one_ian_taylor

There's talk of an extra Tory manifesto from those right wingers, if they think the public don't like Sunak's. Of interest, which manifesto is therefore the tory one? Or are both? If both, and the additional one is similar to Reform's, then that does look like a path to Farage....

• Haha 1