3. 3. How many Conservative MPs?

4. 4. WHat will the turnout be?

• 80%+
    • 60%+
    • 40%+
    • 20%+
    • Less than 20%

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/06/24 at 17:00

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

As cringe as that is (and it is. I quite like her but this is an awful performance) it pisses me off that so often around elections a big talking point is "Who would press the red button?!" as if it should be a massive factor in who we vote for

Agree with that (ish). It's mostly a dumb question, especially to a Green Party candidate / Leader when they have no chance of being in the position. I think it was fair game with Corbyn though as he could have been in that position. Starmer you'll notice addressed it head on months ago, so they don't ask.

If anyone comes across UK Polling Report on Twitter etc, don't bother clicking on it

If you do out of curiosity, go to Islington North and see the vote share they predict for Corbyn (to save you the bother its <1%)

Really not worth your time.

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

I think the one Villa Talker who thinks it will be a 80% turnout is quite a bold choice.

65 to 70% tops.

80% is insane. that's only ever been achieved twice 1950 and 1951

My prediction would be 69-70% but since Farage has entered the affray it might push it to 72-73%

Just now, bickster said:

80% is insane. that's only ever been achieved twice 1950 and 1951

My prediction would be 69-70% but since Farage has entered the affray it might push it to 72-73%

Hasn't been over 70% in a GE since '97 I think? I remember it slumped to 59% in 2001 for the quiet landslide repeat election result.

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Hasn't been over 70% in a GE since '97 I think? I remember it slumped to 59% in 2001 for the quiet landslide repeat election result.

its been over 65% for every election since and including 2010

This election will have a higher turnout because its a watershed election and because Farage will drag in voters that otherwise wouldn't have bothered.

EDIT Sorry, yes both your facts are correct.

I think it might be a low turn out because a lot of people have lost trust in politicians and don't see a choice. I'm.voting but nobody else I have spoken to is bothered. Maybe do a poll on here how many people going to vote.

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Maybe do a poll on here how many people going to vote.

It's literally in the poll at the start of the topic :D 

If anything I think it'll be a lower turnout. JUst so much apathy about. Labour are weak as piss. I hate the tories and can't wait to see them leave, but nothing great is coming in and people know that. Labour has done his level best to lower and lower any sense of expectations. I'll vote out of a tired sense of obligation. But I can easily imagine many others going "who **** cares"

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

It's literally in the poll at the start of the topic :D 

Not the same as asking whether you will vote yes/no. 

48 minutes ago, Rodders said:

If anything I think it'll be a lower turnout. JUst so much apathy about. Labour are weak as piss. I hate the tories and can't wait to see them leave, but nothing great is coming in and people know that. Labour has done his level best to lower and lower any sense of expectations. I'll vote out of a tired sense of obligation. But I can easily imagine many others going "who **** cares"

This is the general mood I’m getting from this election too. 

no one is excited by it at all. The crumb of happiness is getting the tories out, and even that’s quite mute. 

there’s a chance to totally eradicate the tories as the main opposition with some tactical voting, but little are interested. 

just apathy in it all 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Totally how most people feel I think.  I don't care much about Labour under Starmer but I will vote just to get these clowns out.

For the first time in forever Labour were actually around here knocking doors canvassing yesterday.

I got the impression from the kid with the out of town accent that I might have been the first non Labour voter he’d encountered.

To be fair I was probably also the first he’d encountered that was head to toe in dust and wielding a sander. 

Those party political placards are usually an interesting thing to keep count of. This time around the only tory one is literally out of town, and literally on the turn off for the cemetry.

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Those party political placards are usually an interesting thing to keep count of. This time around the only tory one is literally out of town, and literally on the turn off for the cemetry.

My lad was playing football against Chew Valley yesterday, which meant I ended up doing a two hour round drive around Jacob Rees-Mogg's constituency.

Drove through nearly the whole thing and didn't see a single Tory sign. Would have been unthinkable at the last election. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

For the first time in forever Labour were actually around here knocking doors canvassing yesterday.

I got the impression from the kid with the out of town accent that I might have been the first non Labour voter he’d encountered.

To be fair I was probably also the first he’d encountered that was head to toe in dust and wielding a sander. 

Fitting 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ve been head to toe in dust and wielding a sander today, but no one canvassed me.

Also, it’s got mildly interesting here. The MP (Tory) isn’t standing again, due to being disgraced for a second time. But on the signs thing, an independent is standing and she’s got loads of signs up. Mind you she lives in the next street along. She’s one of those (genuine) pillars of the community and will pick up loads of Tory votes ultra locally and that might help Labour to squeak in, despite always being miles behind in normal gen elections.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Not the same as asking whether you will vote yes/no. 

I would imagine that 95% of the respondents will be voting, they won’t engage with the topic if they are disillusioned voters

Just now, bickster said:

I would imagine that 95% of the respondents will be voting, they won’t engage with the topic if they are disillusioned voters

Fair enough. 

19 minutes ago, blandy said:

I’ve been head to toe in dust and wielding a sander today, but no one canvassed me.

Also, it’s got mildly interesting here. The MP (Tory) isn’t standing again, due to being disgraced for a second time. But on the signs thing, an independent is standing and she’s got loads of signs up. Mind you she lives in the next street along. She’s one of those (genuine) pillars of the community and will pick up loads of Tory votes ultra locally and that might help Labour to squeak in, despite always being miles behind in normal gen elections.

Have you also decided that fixing up the parquet flooring is less of a great idea than you’d imagined?

Luckily, I’ve learnt this on the couple of square meters under the stairs, rather than now being committed to the whole job.

It’ll now get a bloody deep clean and a good oiling. Everything always looks better after that.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

My lad was playing football against Chew Valley yesterday, which meant I ended up doing a two hour round drive around Jacob Rees-Mogg's constituency.

Drove through nearly the whole thing and didn't see a single Tory sign. Would have been unthinkable at the last election. 

They are way down on money coming in and I can't see many parry activists bothering going around expecting a hammering, The whole party machinery is falling apart.