3. 3. How many Conservative MPs?

4. 4. WHat will the turnout be?

• 80%+
    • 60%+
    • 40%+
    • 20%+
    • Less than 20%

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/06/24 at 17:00

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

For those that are sceptical about how important tactical voting will be… an article about it and how both Labour and the LibDems are organising in Hertfordshire. The parallels with 1997 where tactical voting gave us The Portillo Moment are strong and you’d have to suspect in the internet age will make it much more prevalent this time around.

Guardian

Really hope I can see something similar in my seat. At the moment it looks like the Labour /Lib Dem will be fairly evenly split, letting the Tories keep this one. It would need a huge tactical voting to keep them out but for once it should actually be possible. But with the split looking so even it's not obvious which party should take the tactical vote. May just go Green if nothing changes. 

Posted (edited)

Straight out of a satire. Even when Sunak's avoiding the media they can't stop embarrassing themselves: Holden looks utterly done.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Straight out of a satire. Even when Sunak's avoiding the media they can't stop embarrassing themselves: Holden looks utterly done.

Every day they find new ways to embarrass themselves

Now Macron in France has called for a snap election, I'm beginning to think this election thing might be a case of rats fleeing the sinking ship, do they know something we don't? maybe we should vote the Conservatives in just to spite them.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

Now Macron in France has called for a snap election, I'm beginning to think this election thing might be a case of rats fleeing the sinking ship, do they know something we don't? maybe we should vote the Conservatives in just to spite them.

The French elections are legislative, not  Presidential. 

Macron is there for (probably) three more years.

15 hours ago, Danwichmann said:

Really hope I can see something similar in my seat. At the moment it looks like the Labour /Lib Dem will be fairly evenly split, letting the Tories keep this one. It would need a huge tactical voting to keep them out but for once it should actually be possible. But with the split looking so even it's not obvious which party should take the tactical vote. May just go Green if nothing changes. 

I spent a solid portion of last weekend trying to slowly explain to my of-sound-mind-, highly educated, formerly-high-up-in-secondardy-education, anti-Tory mother, that she should vote Labour if she wants to unseat the current Tory in her Labour / Tory marginal. 

Her logic was that she'd had a Lib Dem leaflet in the post saying that because they'd gained a seat on the local council a few years before, that meant that "Labour can't win here" so it would be stupid not to vote Lib Dem because the leaflet told her to.

Still pretty sure she's going to trust the Lib Dem bar chart over me.

I have an idea please bear with me...

I have recently watched a couple of these head to head political interviews with all the different political parties being asked questions by the audience and it all ends up with everyone talking over each other and quoting dodgy statistics etc.

Wouldn't it be great if AI could be used to actively fact check in real time some of the statements/lies/dodgy made up statistics/incorrect facts etc by these politicians and switch on a big red light above each of them saying "IT'S B%LLOCK$" when they talk sh$te.........better still a bucket of sh$te gets emptied on their head should they be found out that they are not telling the truth?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, wishywashy said:

I genuinely thought that this email response was a joke from some parody account but...it seems to be legit?

That is absolutely incredible if it's real, it seems like "**** this, we're done, let's have some fun with it".

I think this week is Movie Theme, next week is Manifesto, week after is Blackpool.

Davey will be lucky to still be in the competition with heavy use of props disguising his lack of rhythm.

• Like 3

I suspect we’ll see a lot of this loyal not loyal fence sitting hogwash in the days ahead. The shit I might still win and have to deal with this grifter approach

2 hours ago, delboy54 said:

I have an idea please bear with me...

I have recently watched a couple of these head to head political interviews with all the different political parties being asked questions by the audience and it all ends up with everyone talking over each other and quoting dodgy statistics etc.

Wouldn't it be great if AI could be used to actively fact check in real time some of the statements/lies/dodgy made up statistics/incorrect facts etc by these politicians and switch on a big red light above each of them saying "IT'S B%LLOCK$" when they talk sh$te.........better still a bucket of sh$te gets emptied on their head should they be found out that they are not telling the truth?

The one on Friday did get fact checked in real time albeit by humans at BBC Verify, not AI.

• Thanks 1

Feels like quite a sensible move to give them a dividing line with the other parties and hopefully pull Labour a bit more in that direction as well. 

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

I had the feeling the libdems were going to keep very quiet on Europe given the relative failure of their last campaign in 2019 when they failed to gain traction on the anti brexit ticket.

They have nothing to lose. The remainer demographic (including me) is still incensed. They'll pick up a few Labour votes with that.