3. 3. How many Conservative MPs?

4. 4. WHat will the turnout be?

• 80%+
    • 60%+
    • 40%+
    • 20%+
    • Less than 20%

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/06/24 at 17:00

A new one each week to keep the poll relevant.

The party specific stuff can go on the party specific threads (but there will be some overlap). This is more for general stuff about the election, like the horrifying backstories of candidates.

I've tweaked the number ranges based on last week's poll.

The taxing pensions thing is hilarious. If there’s one person the UK trusts on financial matters it’s that Martin Lewis bloke. I think he’s getting a bit bored of saying the the following today.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

The taxing pensions thing is hilarious. If there’s one person the UK trusts on financial matters it’s that Martin Lewis bloke. I think he’s getting a bit bored of saying the the following today.

If nothing else, it's a disgraceful idea that if you take two people with 20k income, one a pensioner and one a worker, the pensioner should pay less tax.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If nothing else, it's a disgraceful idea that if you take two people with 20k income, one a pensioner and one a worker, the pensioner should pay less tax.

Yes it is abhorrent. The worker is 99.9% more likely to have dependent children, is likely to have travel costs associated with going to work, is far more likely to have a mortgage yet he should pay tax at a certain income but the pensioner shouldn't.

It is just a bribe on a dying breed of traditionally Tory voters.

• Like 1

It also seems rather like people have forgotten why the full state pension will have fallen into the tax bracket, that is, the triple lock has raised the pension and the Tories have only moved the lower limit of the income tax threshold by £70 once in the last four years.

So pensioners will be receiving more money and that will come from all the people working who are now paying more tax because even though wages have gone up the tax thresholds haven't (much)

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I mean this is the first time ever i really am contemplating not voting as i dont like any party. I was going to go for lib dem but i don't even know what davey or his party stand for anymore.

Davey reminds me of the guy in the room that no one pays attention too or takes seriously.

Dem you said the above in the Reform thread. The below might help in regard Davey.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I had a nightmare last night that the Tories actually won the election. I dreamt I'd fallen asleep in front of the TV on election night and woke up to see Tories with a huge lead as the counts were coming in, which led to much smashing things up in rage. 

There is absolutely no way the polls could be that far out, is there? I know the polls have sometimes got it wrong in the past, but surely never by that much?

Edited by Danwichmann
Spelling
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Danwichmann said:

There is absolutely no way the polls could be that far out, is there? I know the polls have sometimes got it wrong in the past, but surely never by that much?

Absolutely none whatsoever.  That's not to say that what the polls say today will be the same as in four weeks time.

8 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Dem you said the above in the Reform thread. The below might help in regard Davey.

Thanks for sharing that as i didnt know this mark. Didnt Cameron lose a son as well? Like dav says i dont know how they do it as leaders

I still dont know though what lib dems stand for anymore tbh. They should bw a centralist party but i dont even know if they left or right or centre mid.  I think they have been very quiet while the tory parties been falling apart

I think it will be a lot closer than people think which says a lot about Labour. Labour will probably win but I expect it to be a shit show under Starmer. The conservatives really need a big reset. 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I think it will be a lot closer than people think which says a lot about Labour. Labour will probably win but I expect it to be a shit show under Starmer. The conservatives really need a big reset. 

Can I ask you why you think this? Do you mean policy wise or competency wise?

I mean, from my perspective, it is disappointing that I do not think the manifesto/plan from Labour will go far enough that the country needs, but I do think we will at least get some competency in charge instead of the last 5/9/14 years. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

A shit show would be an enormous improvement over whatever you call the current government

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I still dont know though what lib dems stand for anymore tbh. They should bw a centralist party but i dont even know if they left or right or centre mid.  I think they have been very quiet while the tory parties been falling apart

They could shout as loud as they like but with only 9 MP's they aren't going to get their voice heard in the media. The only way you do that, even with no MP's, is to be a racist/divisive party.