Europa Conference League Final/Champions League Final

Not going to miss Italiano's constant tactical naivety / bottling.  Waited **** ages to make desperately needed changes to energise the middle of the park, then decides to spend the vital last moments changing the defensive system.  Didn't have the balls to hook Nico Gonzalez even though he'd done the sum total of **** all all game.

Fair play to Olympiakos but if Bailey’s goal wasn’t disallowed in the first leg for absolutely no reason then that’s us lifting that tonight.

Can't believe for the second year in a row I've wasted an entire evening watching Fiorentina serve up absolute dross.

1 hour ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Can’t bare to watch it. Makes me feel incredibly sad to know we should have been there. That being said, I hope Fiorentina win because I can’t bare to support the team that took this away from us. 

surely it's better to say we went out to the eventual winners?

• Like 1

Just now, GarethRDR said:

Can't believe for the second year in a row I've wasted an entire evening watching Fiorentina serve up absolute dross.

Out of interest, who would you have supported had Villa made the final?

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Out of interest, who would you have supported had Villa made the final?

It goes Villa > 'Gladbach > Fiorentina.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

El Kaabi has probably played his way into a decent move this summer.

Watch him get no goals next season for West Ham after paying 25 million for him

I’d be very surprised if he left. He’s 31 in three weeks and this is his first season at Olympiacos.  They’ll easily be able to talk him into staying for the Europa League campaign next season.  

9 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Not going to miss Italiano's constant tactical naivety / bottling.  Waited **** ages to make desperately needed changes to energise the middle of the park, then decides to spend the vital last moments changing the defensive system.  Didn't have the balls to hook Nico Gonzalez even though he'd done the sum total of **** all all game.

I remember he did that last year. Put on Igor, who's now at Brighton, in last ten minutes and he couldn't get up to speed and track Bowen in time.

25 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Fair play to Olympiakos but if Bailey’s goal wasn’t disallowed in the first leg for absolutely no reason then that’s us lifting that tonight.

And Lenglet’s disallowed goal 

20 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Shoutout to the post-match analysis team on TNT again. Guy just rattled off the tales of Fiorentina's Euopean final misfortunes (sorry @GarethRDR) at will. Putting the rest to shame.

That’s James Horncastle. He’s been doing football podcasts for years, largely covering Serie A. He’s a big Roma fan, he appears to have lived in Rome on and off during his career and is fluent in Italian.  You can find him working with the ever wonderful James Richardson on The Totally Football Show. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, The_Steve said:

We made a lot of mistakes in the semis, they also pretty much scored with every chance they had. The first leg was a freakish result for sure. We had some hard luck too. But no excuses in the second leg. The final sounds like pure dross. 

It was a freak result for sure, perfectly good goal for us disallowed, el kaabi apparently figuring out a way to be 0.1mm onside twice, Olsen being beyond useless, a missed pen and a deflected goal for them as well.

• Like 1

Just saw the score. Pissed off it wasn't us tbh. We were so unlucky in that 1st leg and thats where we lost it. 

Our goals disallowed, deflected goal from them, blatant penalty not given.

Oh well, they are still playing Thursday night football next season whilst we are in the Champions League.

We do need to win something soon though.

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â