Fans Advisory Board meeting 22nd May - Official club responses

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

I still think there is going to be a ceiling for the number of people willing to pay for GA+ tickets. 

I'm a man with a reasonable amount of disposable income. I'm a Villa fanatic, but if I didn't have a season ticket and GA+ price level was the only way I'd get tickets I'd be thinking very carefully about if it was worth it. 

I just don't think Birmingham is awash with enough people to spend £120 per game to fill endless lounges. 

Yeah I reckon I could do it once a season, if it was a big game and the day/time was right that I could get fill of booze (if taking that particular option). Guess I'll look into it for a CL match next season (though that will be even more expensive), and then who knows.

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Yeah I reckon I could do it once a season, if it was a big game and the day/time was right that I could get fill of booze (if taking that particular option). Guess I'll look into it for a CL match next season (though that will be even more expensive), and then who knows.

I did it once this season, for Ajax, because normal tickets never reached my level of sale. Then when Lille rolled around, it had gone from £80 to £90. I decided I couldn't justify it. Doubtless it was more again for Olympiakos. 

We'll see. Maybe there will be enough people desperate enough to see us; maybe it doesn't really matter if they don't sell out because it's still more lucrative. I don't know. In general, I foresee myself rarely going to VP in the future. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, CHW said:

By your rationale, we should never develop another stand and no club should ever seek to improve their stadium.  Chelsea should still be playing in a Greyhound track and we should be playing in 1980's Villa Park

No,  replace the stand to temporarily displace the ST holders, then once the new stand is in give them the seat closest to where they were as first refusal is fine. Move to a completely new stadium with 20k more seats and give all ST holders first refusal of the stadium, fine. Add a new tier to an existing stand, fine. 

Moving people to add GA+ seats is a scummy move, especially when they won't be offered a seat anywhere near where they were.

Wait and see what our 919 fans get offered, I bet most of them will find it a major step down.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2

Sounds like FAB is treated as something they have to do rather than a two way conversation. Tone of all of this is super dismissive. Does not reflect well on the 'business' leadership. 

• Like 1

@Dale If you read what @OutByEaster? says, it seems to me like the club are keen to engage - I don't think they'd spend so much time and effort on it if they were just box ticking.  We as a fan group also need to think about how we approach this engagement.  If we are dismissive and critical, I would expect professionals to be defensive and seek to explain their decision making.

As a fan base I think we really need to show trust in the ownership - and therefore the management team on the business side they've put in place.  They have done nothing in the 5 years they've owned the club to warrant a lack of trust IMO and I honestly believe that they want what's best for us in the long term.  We should approach change in that way.

On 29/05/2024 at 18:10, OutByEaster? said:

Well...

There's a lot to get through and I guess one of the first things is about the tone of meetings - the meetings are certainly a lot more open than the notes are, there's often more discussion about the topics on the agenda with lots of small details that don't get added to the minutes that are discussed - more flesh on the bones as it were.

This meeting was up and down, there were some really positive moments and a couple that were slightly more fractious - but in general, you can speak your mind and Mr Hatton will endeavour to give you as much of an answer as he can. The key, and the reason (I think) to keep going is the hope that some things stick, that at some point someone in a club meeting elsewhere says "actually at the fans group meeting...." because something we said to them got into their heads - this isn't the more open group we had with Lerner, or the one given a little more play by Mr Purslow - this management group are unashamedly driven in their goal and their goal is increasing our revenue to help us win on the pitch - we can try to add some conscience to that, but they're clear that nothing will get in the way of it. That's football, we do what we can - and I like winning.

I think it's also important to recognise that we're a club doing really well, and in so many ways I've never been happier in my time as a fan, this ownership and their management team are a huge part of that and I think we have to frame everything around that while also remembering that ultimately it's their club, they're firing a lot of money into it and they have the right to make unpopular decisions if they think they're for the greater good.

5 minutes ago, andycv said:

@Dale If you read what @OutByEaster? says, it seems to me like the club are keen to engage - I don't think they'd spend so much time and effort on it if they were just box ticking.  We as a fan group also need to think about how we approach this engagement.  If we are dismissive and critical, I would expect professionals to be defensive and seek to explain their decision making.

As a fan base I think we really need to show trust in the ownership - and therefore the management team on the business side they've put in place.  They have done nothing in the 5 years they've owned the club to warrant a lack of trust IMO and I honestly believe that they want what's best for us in the long term.  We should approach change in that way.

Last time we showed trust in the ownership was Lerner and O'Neil. That ended well. 

Part of our job is to keep the ownership honest. They are transient, we are permanent. 

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Last time we showed trust in the ownership was Lerner and O'Neil. That ended well. 

Part of our job is to keep the ownership honest. They are transient, we are permanent. 

And I think that is part of the problem.  Distrust everything, everything is bad....  Engage with the club as if they are acting in bad faith, you'll get that in the end as they will feel their motives are being questioned unreasonably. Assume the worst, and the worst will happen!

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The not announcing our attendance is abit odd

and the challenge back to us as fans... Prove it (the difference in figures) or we don't believe you.

Edited by ender4

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

and the challenge back to us as fans... Prove it (the different in figures) or we don't believe you.

Yeah thats a arsey reply. What are we meant to do go round stadium and count every individual seat?

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

14 minutes ago, andycv said:

And I think that is part of the problem.  Distrust everything, everything is bad....  Engage with the club as if they are acting in bad faith, you'll get that in the end as they will feel their motives are being questioned unreasonably. Assume the worst, and the worst will happen!

There's a lot of space between 'mindless applause' and 'open hostility' and it seems clear that the FAB should be somewhere in that space. Is there a particular reason to think that currently they are too far toward one end or the other? I don't really get what the beef is here. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

There's a lot of space between 'mindless applause' and 'open hostility' and it seems clear that the FAB should be somewhere in that space. Is there a particular reason to think that currently they are too far toward one end or the other? I don't really get what the beef is here. 

I think it is quite balanced from what @OutByEaster? has said - my observation was more on some posts here!

• Thanks 1

Enoyed @OutByEaster? post, it certainly reflects some of my own views. I do think unfortunately we also need to accept a changing demographic at the club and the way younger fans want to consume information. My 14 year old son told me about the price increase from a snippet he saw on tiktok. He wouldnt dream of visiting the website. He gets his team news from the fantasy premier league app, not the official site. Hes never purchased a match day program, wouldnt see the point.

I think the club needs to find a medium between all of these perspectives. Modern CEOs are hired for their comms skills. Modern marketing looks to place the message where the customer is. It feels a bit like the club has shifted but done so at the expense of others. I suspect like a lot of other things, theyve invested in the people to drive the change but are far behind the curve in terms of the technology needed to support the changes they want.

• Like 3

Could the announced attendance thing be about us trying to maximise revenue. Owners buying spare non sold tickets to increase revenue,  but trying not to mess up the data behind how many attend the game.

Suddenly selling 200 more tickets each week, but not getting a 200 increase in actual attendance is going to look fishy. Gradually increase the trend and it looks the norm. 

I can only imagine Man City do this to the extreme given their reported attendances and the actual population that were at the game. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

One thing i think that should be raised is praising the improvement of the social media side eg the video yesterday 

This meeting was in May.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â