Fans Advisory Board meeting 22nd May - Official club responses

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

We changed a shit badge to a shit boring badge back to a shit remix of the first shit badge

but because we wasn’t consulted about if we happy about the remix we snitching our club to the FA?

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91n5ccvf960sma27qju8

The whole badge process has been a total botch from day one, but snitching to the FA is petty AF

Risso would not be writing to the FA if his own club hadn't tried to gaslight him about what he saw unfold with his own eyes.

It's above and beyond the aesthetic of a badge, it is the principle of it.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

I don't even care whether the badge is round or shield. I don't care whether it has a star or 1874 or not. I don't care that the lion faces forwards or backwards. 

What i do care about is that the club follows due process and the rules, and they don't be underhanded about this and other things. Is that too much to ask?

Agreed

Posted (edited)

I said after the last one that more and more these are seeming like box ticking exercises. The answers are mostly just “this is what we’re doing and **** your if you don’t like it”

I don’t really see the point of them anymore if they’re not going to actually answer things. It’s like we’re asking a Tory MP for their views

The answer to question 2 about club communication is frankly pathetic. They don’t even attempt to answer the question

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

Non-attendance is not the correct response, as it's what they most likely want. When enough components drop out of the FCG they can then shut it down, citing lack of interest. 

It's a nuisance to them and they are treating it as such - but there is still value in sending a delegate.

Thanks @OutByEaster? for attending these.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Pretty pathetic answers overall.

Especially the ones on PSR compliance and the North Stand. I really don't know why any of us bother with this when they turn up with the intention of not answering straight questions with straight answers.

I don't understand what the point of the question on PSR was, the club obviously aren't going to run through the numbers, particularly when we may well be fully up against it, and in any case they're dynamic and would change a lot from meeting to meeting. 

The North Stand issue though, I agree there. They're still not properly addressing the issue. Last time I checked the cancelled plans were still on the freaking OS!

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Non-attendance is not the correct response, as it's what they most likely want. When enough components drop out of the FCG they can then shut it down, citing lack of interest. 

It's a nuisance to them and they are treating it as such - but there is still value in sending a delegate.

Thanks @OutByEaster? for attending these.

I'm not sure I quite agree with that. They're required to have the meetings as part of new Premier League rules. If everybody dropped out citing the club's terrible attitude to them, the club would have some serious explaining to do.

Of course we can be happy with the overall direction of the club, with Emery and the way the team is playing etc. That doesn't mean they can do what they like surrounding things that have an effect on supporters though.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Guess it depends on whether you like the round badge or not.  You don’t obviously but a lot of people do and while the process wasn’t the best it was chosen by the fans in the end.  This new one wasn’t.

I don’t like any of the badges and I don’t like any of the process to get to any of them. 

What’s going to happen when we snitching to the FA? Our club is forced back to the round badge or worse, another badge to grone about?

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Risso said:

I'm not sure I quite agree with that. They're required to have the meetings as part of new Premier League rules. If everybody dropped out citing the club's terrible attitude to them, the club would have some serious explaining to do.

Of course we can be happy with the overall direction of the club, with Emery and the way the team is playing etc. That doesn't mean they can do what they like surrounding things that have an effect on supporters though.

What's surprising is, if I'm not mistaken, we were one of the first clubs to have these groups, before it was mandatory, and they made all the right noises to start with, or at least it felt that way.

But now it seems like they just go through the motions because they have to.

Has it lead to anything positive at all? We even had that thread of "all the small things" of things we'd noticed around the ground that were shite or broken, because apparently whoever maintains the facilities can't be arsed. I bet if you went through that thread nothing has been done about 95% of it. There are taps that have been broken for years.

A trip advisor review on the Terrace View is probably the best way to get feedback to them these days :D 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I don’t like any of the badges and I don’t like any of the process to get to any of them. 

What’s going to happen when we snitching to the FA? Our club is forced back to the round badge or worse, another badge to grone about?

Back to the round badge you say!

giphy.gif

There's such an incredible dichotomy in what's happening on the football side compared to the business side.

This whole piece read as though questions were being asked to a political party - replete with "no comment", dismissal of opinions and inability to shoot straight with our own fans. As others have said this came across as so dismissive and felt utterly pointless.

I'd love for someone from the club to honestly state why they have forged ahead with a crest that no one wanted without making a single announcement about the change. They've just shoehorned it into some celebratory posts about Emery and a meme about Luke Littler. Utterly embarrassing.

It no longer feels like a club being run for the fans, but rather a club run for profit above all else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Risso said:

Who was this part directed at? Not me as I suggested nothing of the sort.

Fighting with shadows again.

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I no longer care what badge we go forward with. But I want the club to be accountable and to be up front. That puff piece with a Heck in the marketing magazine was off the charts! I mean, claiming the fans weren't consulted on the round badge, that is the definition of gaslighting. And again here to FAB

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 1

It wasn't directed at you or anybody else in particular, it was just a general follow up point.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I no longer care what badge we go forward with. But I want the club to be accountable and to be up front. That puff piece with a Heck in the marketing magazine was off the charts! I mean, claiming the fans weren't consulted on the round badge, that us the definition of gaslighting. 

You’re misquoting him

“he didnt say “they weren’t consulted” he said “they weren’t adequately consulted”

from someone who works in that kind of industry. I agree, the fans weren’t consulted correctly. in the whole process. 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â