Fans Advisory Board meeting 22nd May - Official club responses

59 minutes ago, Risso said:

I've emailed the FA to see what they say.

Good on you. And forget the slight changes on the blue badge. With zero consultation, they have changed our club badge from this:

Eoto7tDyLH6RnhsnFFbKhF-1200-80.jpg

To this:

GC72JKwWwAAuyGk.pngYou are not allowed to do that and I'd happily see them all replaced. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I hate the new badge as much  as anyone but I wouldn’t call the changes material ones, although they have indeed added 1874 and changed AVFC to Aston Villa and I guess the rule book classes those as material then so be it.

I suspect however that the rule is in place like changing from blue to red like Cardiff did or just adding text like ‘rocket polishers’ because someone felt like it rather than adding our actual name and founding date.

But under the rules as written, they ARE material changes.

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, villanmac said:

We had the much publicised cap of 30K cap of season ticket holders a few years ago. Now its 27K.

Therefore, for the last few seasons non-renewals haven't been passed over to the waiting list for normal STs? Only GA+/hospitality.

So, not only are we not rebuilding the North Stand with a waiting list of 20k+ for STs, we-are reducing the supply of STs. Great.

They'd rather have less season ticket holders and make more money. Not listened to it but there's a podcast on the subject.

All good (from a financial perspective) while things are going well but if things start going wrong it won't look so rosy.

That 2k drop in season tickets, they are now aiming at getting £140+ per game for a huge chunk of them. Rather than £7/800 for the season. Then any others that aren't hospitality they are still getting more than for a season ticket.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Risso said:

But under the rules as written, they ARE material changes.

Yeah I said that.

As above though, I suppose they can use the previous survey to make those changes.

30 minutes ago, villanmac said:

We had the much publicised cap of 30K cap of season ticket holders a few years ago. Now its 27K.

Therefore, for the last few seasons non-renewals haven't been passed over to the waiting list for normal STs? Only GA+/hospitality.

So, not only are we not rebuilding the North Stand with a waiting list of 20k+ for STs, we-are reducing the supply of STs. Great.

I did move up the list by around 10 places last year 🙄 so they allowed a few new season ticket holders lol.

Also our ST waiting list is now 36,000.

Yup, ST holders have been a necessary evil to keep the stadium mostly full even for insignificant games, but if they reckoned they could get 42,000 once in a lifetime daytrippers in paying top whack, buying their shit food and tonnes of tat from the club shop, "legacy fans" would be sacked off without a minute's thought.

I'm surprised no club has tried it yet tbh, it's the natural next step of their greed if you can sell out every game, I reckon they'll start with "no new season tickets" to not piss off existing holders and let it slowly die out as a concept.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Yup, ST holders have been a necessary evil to keep the stadium mostly full even for insignificant games, but if they reckoned they could get 42,000 once in a lifetime daytrippers in paying top whack, buying their shit food and tonnes of tat from the club shop, "legacy fans" would be sacked off without a minute's thought.

I'm surprised no club has tried it yet tbh, it's the natural next step of their greed if you can sell out every game, I reckon they'll start with "no new season tickets" to not piss off existing holders and let it slowly die out as a concept.

I guess Liverpool and Man Utd and maybe a London touristy club might try that first - maybe they already have been doing that for years albeit slowly like you say.

But at least Liverpool expanded their ground at the same time.

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Yeah I said that.

As above though, I suppose they can use the previous survey to make those changes.

Well, no. The results of the revious survey said the majority of fans didn't like the Lerner badge and didn't feel it represented the club well, which is why they changed it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Risso said:

Well, no. The results of the revious survey said the majority of fans didn't like the Lerner badge and didn't feel it represented the club well, which is why they changed it.

Didn’t they say we wanted the name Aston Villa in full?

Yeah WTF is a vomitory?

Sounds like something that belongs at Sty Blandrews.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, rjw63 said:

Yeah WTF is a vomitory?

Sounds like something that belongs at Sty Blandrews.

You lower class oiks not familiar with latin and the classics probably call it a stairhole or something ;) 

• Haha 3
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Sick bucket

No it’s not, you pumpie bum, I just googled it 🙂

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

The responses do read as a bit snippy, but I temper that perception with the fact that the true tone isn't always accurately reflected in the text.

That said, you can glean a few things correctly, and for me, one of them is that they like to keep kicking the can down the road on certain things and their communication to fans still needs a lot of work.

The fact that we had to solicit an answer from them about moving from Villa Park is incredible. 

To be honest we haven't really had to solicit an answer.  Every time anyone has asked the response has always been the same.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We changed a shit badge to a shit boring badge back to a shit remix of the first shit badge

but because we wasn’t consulted about if we happy about the remix we snitching our club to the FA?

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91n5ccvf960sma27qju8

The whole badge process has been a total botch from day one, but snitching to the FA is petty AF

Edited by CarryOnVilla

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

We changed a shit boring badge to a shit badge  back to a shit remix of the first shit badge

but because we wasn’t consulted about if we happy about the remix we snitching our club to the FA?

The whole badge process has been a total botch from day one, but snitching to the FA is petty AF

"Snitching", good one.

The club have said they've followed the rules and the FA are happy with them. If that's the case then fair enough. If it's not, then they've tried to circumvent the rules on heritage assets, and that's not on. If you're happy with that, well that's your choice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

We changed a shit boring badge to a shit badge  back to a shit remix of the first shit badge

Guess it depends on whether you like the round badge or not.  You don’t obviously but a lot of people do and while the process wasn’t the best it was chosen by the fans in the end.  This new one wasn’t.

• Thanks 1

Just now, est1874 said:

They are so cloak and dagger. To what end?

They don’t feel they have to answer fans questions and feel they can do what they want.  Whether people believe they have that right to do that is an individual’s view but as a football club, they are custodians of our club imo and that comes with more obligations than a normal company. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â