Fans Advisory Board meeting 22nd May - Official club responses

3 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Cat A games were generally £67, so it's looking likely it will be £75-80 for an adult. Interesting that they intend to give a sales window to those on the waiting list. Although I imagine most of those who would seriously take up a season ticket will be members anyway, which I presume will still be prioritised ahead of that.

£100 for adult and 11 year old, that's bonkers money.

I hope randoms on waiting list are behind members in the criteria, never mind members on a waiting list

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Very forensic Risso, appreciate it. I am so utterly sick to my stomach of being gaslighted on this issue and others when I know myself what I remember happening.

Thanks mate.

Back in November 2022, under the Purslow regime, the club emailed everybody to say:

"The initial announcement of the review was positively received and supported by consistent feedback that our current crest does not represent our heritage or ambition well enough. By allowing you to vote on our next club crest now, and by completing this process in Autumn 2022, we will be in a position to go into the 2023/24 season with a club crest we are all proud of and that reflects our shared ambitions for the future of our club."

The club then had the vote on this season's round badge versus the lamp shaped one. I don't much care for the round one, but whatever, it's hard to argue that the club hadn't followed the FA rules by holding a poll, ie vote.

Then Heck decided he didn't like it, so they tried to pretend this year's vote wasn't really what people wanted, and that it was just going to be for some made up 42nd anniversary instead.

They then did a new survey in October 23, after which Heck emailed to say:

"Villans, 

I am absolutely thrilled at the uptake of the recent fan consultation, with 16,000 Season Ticket Holders, Members and those on the Waiting List taking the opportunity to contribute their views via the Crest Survey. This is one of the largest responses in club history, and such a huge turnout has naturally provided us with a wealth of insights as we move forward with this important piece of work.  

In terms of next steps, we will now undertake a detailed review of the combined outputs from the 2022 consultation, alongside this refreshed perspective from 2023. Once this analysis is complete, we will work to incorporate fan feedback, as best as we can, along with the views of wider club stakeholders, before sharing our new club crest later this season. This reveal will form part of a wider refresh of the club’s brand and kit, on which we are currently focussing a great deal of our time, so that the club is ready to go to the next level in our 150th anniversary season in 2024/25.

As a club we are keen to ensure that our fans feel part of this re-design process, therefore I have taken the decision to share with you the summary of the results of the recent survey: 

16,000 validated surveys...
Supporters across our global base of Season Ticket Holders, Members and those on the Waiting List

Visually striking and recognisable...
60% believe that whilst the new crest should be claret and blue, it should also be visually striking and recognisable

How the shield design reflects our history...
52% of you strongly agreed or agreed that the shield shape design best reflects our heritage, with 20% holding a neutral point of view

Building a picture of our heritage...
68% felt that it is most important for the crest to build a picture of our heritage as a traditional club

Our name represented...
A combined 81% of you would like to see the name represented as either Aston Villa FC or Aston Villa

Lion facing left...
As for the Rampant Lion, 47% would like to see it facing to the left and 30% open to either direction

1874, a year to remember...
73% agree that 1874 should be included in the crest design

1982 European Cup celebration...
An overwhelming 85% would like to ensure we incorporate our 1982 European Cup star into the design

Furthermore, I am delighted to share that we have selected the five winners of our prize draw, each of whom will be contacted separately in order to receive their signed home shirt.

Last but not least, I would like to thank all of you who took the time to share your valuable opinions with us, and I am looking forward to the next chapter of this historic club as we kick off our 150th anniversary celebration.

UTV!"

Following the survey, there has been no opportunity for feedback, other than a brief powerpoint slide presented to the FAB a few months ago, with no opportunity given for discussion. And importantly as per the FA rules, there obviously hasn't been any poll, ie vote. They also haven't remotely considered the 2022 results which clearly states that the current badge doesn't represent us very well. All we've ended up with is a reworking of that old Lerner badge. Per their own results in 2023, they've also ignored the point that the badge should be visually striking, and should be claret and blue.

So they've gone against an existing supporter consultation, undertaken a cheap and nasty rework, then stated that they've complied with FA rules, and the FA are happy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Yay messing with memberships and increasing concessions prices and GA admission prices too. 12%. Marvellous...

I'm expecting difficulties getting 2 decent adult and child seats together for under £80, for non Cat A games

Mate. It sounds to me like football isn't for you. 

You need to get into a cheaper sport like Rugby or Cricket or Equestrian. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, S-Platt said:

It's will be a mistake not offering a package for the 4 Champions League games.  Could be a crap fixture or 2 that will be hard to shift if you don't group it in with the glamour ties.

Bro, it's The Champions League. The Promised Land. 

Most people wanted this above winning an actual **** Cup. 

They'd better buy the bloody tickets! 

• Like 2

We echo the disappointment at the lack of catering provision for the event.  We have taken this up with LEVY for future events. 

Oh no, Daniel Levy has taken over our catering.  He's going to be counting individual chips before selling them to us.

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Mate. It sounds to me like football isn't for you. 

You need to get into a cheaper sport like Rugby or Cricket or Equestrian. 

Why, cos I don't like being ripped off or cos I should be grateful 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Why, cos I don't like being ripped off or cos I should be grateful 

Just a joke make as they are meant to be middle class sports for the rich. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

@Risso mate thank you for taking the time on this. Honestly,  as far as I am concerned,  you have won the Internet for today.

I have written a lot on here about my feelings over the past year - I have never posted actively until this past year as it happens- and have been so disillusioned with off the pitch happenings.

Gaslighting is the only accurate way to describe club- supporter interactions over the past 12 months.it is all there in black and white,  stuff them and their BS.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Just a joke make as they are meant to be middle class sports for the rich. 

Apologies, I had my defensive head on

I'm personally surprised that so many responses above seem to regard some of the club's responses as aggressive - I thought they read quite well.  I mean they are never going to be flowery / gushy notes - they are minutes of a meeting.

It is also a shame that the focus of the questioning around the badge seems so negative.  I think the improvement in the branding over the last month has been really good.  I'm not going to repeat what I have said (often) on others threads but I do feel that the FAB have taken a line here that I do not agree with.

Looking forward to @OutByEaster?'s personal take.  As it is hard to get too much of a feel (from both sides) from the minutes (which is pretty common for all meeting minutes).

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, allani said:

I'm personally surprised that so many responses above seem to regard some of the club's responses as aggressive - I thought they read quite well.  I mean they are never going to be flowery / gushy notes - they are minutes of a meeting.

I've previously commented that they sound quite arsey/passive-aggressive, but OBE has then confirmed that actually the meeting went well (to be clear, a previous set of notes, not these ones), so I think you're probably right, I don't often read minutes like this but it makes sense that the neutral tone and to-the-point style is to be expected

44 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

After reading it I envision thuggish security guards posted at points around the room, ready to jump in and truncheon the shit out of anyone daring to speak out.

S4 GIF - Find on GIFER

• Haha 2

We had the much publicised cap of 30K cap of season ticket holders a few years ago. Now its 27K.

Therefore, for the last few seasons non-renewals haven't been passed over to the waiting list for normal STs? Only GA+/hospitality.

So, not only are we not rebuilding the North Stand with a waiting list of 20k+ for STs, we-are reducing the supply of STs. Great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The responses do read as a bit snippy, but I temper that perception with the fact that the true tone isn't always accurately reflected in the text.

That said, you can glean a few things correctly, and for me, one of them is that they like to keep kicking the can down the road on certain things and their communication to fans still needs a lot of work.

The fact that we had to solicit an answer from them about moving from Villa Park is incredible. 

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

I agree with you and the lack of consultation / communication about anything is appalling, but they’ll get away with this one because the badge was never officially replaced with the round one and the new modifications are not material to the previous crest.

That's not right, the new modifications ARE material.

From the same download as before:

"These Rules apply to any material changes to any aspect of a Club Crest (e.g. changing a colour from blue to red, adding or deleting text, or adding new design features and/or deleting established design features). These Rules are not intended to apply to the types of small changes to a Club Crest which occur more regularly, such as making a colour slightly lighter or darker, or slightly increasing or decreasing the size of a font"

As far as I'm concerned, the round badge (even though I don't like it) should be recognised as the current Villa badge. Even if it's not, then the change from the Lerner badge to the Heck badge still consitutes a material change, as they've taken away AVFC above the lion, added Aston Villa below the lion, moved the lion up so it's squished in, and have added 1874 when it wasn't there before.

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Risso said:

Following the survey, there has been no opportunity for feedback, other than a brief powerpoint slide presented to the FAB a few months ago, with no opportunity given for discussion. And importantly as per the FA rules, there obviously hasn't been any poll, ie vote. They also haven't remotely considered the 2022 results which clearly states that the current badge doesn't represent us very well. All we've ended up with is a reworking of that old Lerner badge. Per their own results in 2023, they've also ignored the point that the badge should be visually striking, and should be claret and blue.

So they've gone against an existing supporter consultation, undertaken a cheap and nasty rework, then stated that they've complied with FA rules, and the FA are happy.

The part in bold is the biggest gripe for me, and that's the part I thought the FA might take issue with.

I think we have complied with the FA regarding the other bits though, my interpretation of those rules is that you have to consult the fans if you want to add or take anything away from the crest, or any 'material' change that breaks from our traditions, which has been done in terms of adding the full name and 1874, the fans were asked on those and wanted them both, the colours, technically are claret, blue and yellow, which we have traditionally used, and then it comes down to the shape, circle or shield, traditionally we've had a shield for much longer than a round crest. The new design doesn't break any of our traditions, it doesn't use anything we haven't used before without fans' having a say, and it hasn't added anything new without fans' having a say either, and so from the FA point of view on those rules, it complies. There's nothing not traditionally 'Aston Villa' about the new design. I know it's all semantics and interpretation, and I know people aren't happy, but there it is. 

I think some are getting a little confused with the surveys, I have myself, the voting on particular parts was to ascertain what they could do with fans' consent, not what they had to do to comply with FA rules.

I'm sure the FA would have stepped in by now if they felt we'd done anything wrong, then again, the FA are blinkin' useless so...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Risso said:

That's not right, the new modifications ARE material.

From the same download as before:

"These Rules apply to any material changes to any aspect of a Club Crest (e.g. changing a colour from blue to red, adding or deleting text, or adding new design features and/or deleting established design features). These Rules are not intended to apply to the types of small changes to a Club Crest which occur more regularly, such as making a colour slightly lighter or darker, or slightly increasing or decreasing the size of a font"

As far as I'm concerned, the round badge (even though I don't like it) should be recognised as the current Villa badge. Even if it's not, then the change from the Lerner badge to the Heck badge still consitutes a material change, as they've taken away AVFC above the lion, added Aston Villa below the lion, moved the lion up so it's squished in, and have added 1874 when it wasn't there before.

I hate the new badge as much  as anyone but I wouldn’t call the changes material ones, although they have indeed added 1874 and changed AVFC to Aston Villa and I guess the rule book classes those as material then so be it.

I suspect however that the rule is in place like changing from blue to red like Cardiff did or just adding text like ‘rocket polishers’ because someone felt like it rather than adding our actual name and founding date.

Eff these cocksuckers.

No. As discussed at the consultation meeting there will need to be a bigger increase in match-by-match pricing in order to support our ability to limit the rise in season ticket prices to 5%.

Shove it up your vomitories.

There doesn't need to be any. You're choosing to. 12%!

I agree with those saying fans should pull out of this. Just submit evidence to the FA they've broken rules.

They are so not ready for the team form to drop off. It's going to get ugly quickly.

It'll really not help the team. Fans' patience will be so so low being pissed about like this. Being charged more and more.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â