Fans Advisory Board meeting 22nd May - Official club responses

A mixed bag there, still a snarky undertone to some responses but generally positive and some things to look forward to.

The answer around announcing the attendance was proper weird though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Is the tone in the room dismissive/snarky like the notes read or is it cordial/ decent?  I think I read from one of the last FAB meetings it was ok in the room, just wondering if this was the same @OutByEaster??

Heck not being there seems a slap in the face though? The supporter groups aren’t worthy of his time, doesn’t matter if the COO is, he’s the public face of the back office not Hatton.

Thanks for the update.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like that the FAB places on record their disappointment at certain things, especially the social media thing, that wasn’t right, a lot of supporters still wouldn’t have seen that video with gabby due to it not being posted on official channels

looks like they are going to be moving to a tiered membership model also….lets see if there are improvements to the facilities and toilets in the new season…otherwise I think a lot of the info had found its way onto various social media due to lack of communication from the club….my thanks to FAB for the update 

Yay messing with memberships and increasing concessions prices and GA admission prices too. 12%. Marvellous...

I'm expecting difficulties getting 2 decent adult and child seats together for under £80, for non Cat A games

There’s something about the way these are written that just gives the impression of hostility towards the fans. I’m sure it’s not like that in the room though.

So I’ve just renewed by membership early as it gave me a big discount to do so. I hope I don’t find myself trapped into a membership that doesn’t suit my needs ie early access to tickets.

Do they not allow follow up questions? Like when they say they have wholesale changes  to membership do they not allow you to ask what those changes might look like and when they would be brought in?

Didnt quite get the bit about early ticket access to members on the waiting list as I would imagine most members are on the waiting list and I doubt they want more people on it as they stand no chance of being offered a ST. 

Echoing the concern of a pp re how much it’s actually going to cost to take your kids to VP soon. 

still reading, but their responses after the first few questions really do make them come across as total words removed really. Shame. Just pure **** profit, and hell be damned if anything gets in the way of that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Blended 12% increase for GA... so adults could be 20%+ and kids could be 10%+ ouch. 

One price for all home group CL games, I wonder which end of the scale they will be.

I will be prioritising League and Europe again, not gonna bother with the domestics, I'll sacrifice Wembley

It's will be a mistake not offering a package for the 4 Champions League games.  Could be a crap fixture or 2 that will be hard to shift if you don't group it in with the glamour ties.

• Confused 1

In summary... Villa says "F you" to fans. 

There is no point in these FAB meetings if every time their responses are basically hostile to what is being asked. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Risso said:

These Rules apply to any material changes to any aspect of a Club Crest (e.g. changing a colour from blue to red, adding or deleting text, or adding new design features and/or deleting established design features). These Rules are not intended to apply to the types of small changes to a Club Crest which occur more regularly, such as making a colour slightly lighter or darker, or slightly increasing or decreasing the size of a font.

Whilst there may often be a strong case for the modernisation of a Club Crest, given the prominence of a Club’s Crest on kits, promotional material, broadcast and other visual media, it is of vital importance that the views of supporters are given significant weight when deciding to make material changes.

It is noted that some Clubs mark anniversaries by introducing a club crest which draws on previous heritage but differs from that in current use by the Club. Whilst these Rules will still apply in such circumstances, Clubs will be given a greater margin of discretion with regard to a temporary change to a club crest of this nature provided that the change is for a maximum of one playing season.

This is interesting.

I suspect the club's argument is that the current badge is marking an anniversary (European Cup win) - and that the permanent changes to the badge are from the current shield one - and so the consultation undertaken covers that.

Certainly the response to the FAB suggests the FA have no problem with the change.

25 minutes ago, Risso said:

Jon Fear from Vital Villa had the right idea, tell them to get stuffed. These meetings achieve absolutely nothing and the underlying tone from the club is terribly dismissive.

And my arse have they followed the FA rules on changing the heritage assets. The rules state:

"

1. M8  No Club shall make any material changes to its Club Crest without first undertaking a thorough and extensive

consultation with its supporters.

Guidance

Clubs seeking to ensure they have undertaken a thorough and extensive consultation with supporters should undertake an independently run supporter poll to give weight to its proposal. The nature of such a poll will depend upon the circumstances of the Club in question but should include taking a poll of (where applicable); members of any Community Benefit Society formed for the benefit of the club’s supporters and registered with the FCA (in many cases, a group of club supporters more commonly referred to as a supporters’ trust will be registered as a Community Benefit Society), season ticket holders, and any supporters who have attended a specific number of home matches in the previous season.

Club Crests form an important part of the identity of a Club and changes can be an emotive issue for some supporters and lead to legitimate concerns being raised.

These Rules apply to any material changes to any aspect of a Club Crest (e.g. changing a colour from blue to red, adding or deleting text, or adding new design features and/or deleting established design features). These Rules are not intended to apply to the types of small changes to a Club Crest which occur more regularly, such as making a colour slightly lighter or darker, or slightly increasing or decreasing the size of a font.

Whilst there may often be a strong case for the modernisation of a Club Crest, given the prominence of a Club’s Crest on kits, promotional material, broadcast and other visual media, it is of vital importance that the views of supporters are given significant weight when deciding to make material changes.

It is noted that some Clubs mark anniversaries by introducing a club crest which draws on previous heritage but differs from that in current use by the Club. Whilst these Rules will still apply in such circumstances, Clubs will be given a greater margin of discretion with regard to a temporary change to a club crest of this nature provided that the change is for a maximum of one playing season.

2. M9  A Club must be in a position to evidence that the majority of its supporters are in favour of a material change to its Club Crest prior to making any such change.

Guidance

In assessing whether or not the majority of a Club’s supporters are in favour of a material change to its Club Crest, The Association will give significant weight to the views of members of any Community Benefit Society formed for the benefit of the club’s supporters and registered with the FCA, season ticket holders, and any supporters who have attended a specific number of home matches in the previous season. For the avoidance of doubt, the views of a Club’s wider supporter base and/or membership shall not be disregarded for the purposes of any assessment by The Association."

I copied the above direct from an FA download of a PDF, but the text can be seen here as well: https://myoldmansaid.com/the-fa-rules-on-club-badges-that-most-football-fans-dont-know-about/

Where/when has any of that happened?

I agree with you and the lack of consultation / communication about anything is appalling, but they’ll get away with this one because the badge was never officially replaced with the round one and the new modifications are not material to the previous crest.

1 hour ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Blended 12% increase for GA... so adults could be 20%+ and kids could be 10%+ ouch. 

One price for all home group CL games, I wonder which end of the scale they will be.

I will be prioritising League and Europe again, not gonna bother with the domestics, I'll sacrifice Wembley

Cat A games were generally £67, so it's looking likely it will be £75-80 for an adult. Interesting that they intend to give a sales window to those on the waiting list. Although I imagine most of those who would seriously take up a season ticket will be members anyway, which I presume will still be prioritised ahead of that.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â