General Election Pre-Thread (2 of 6)

limpid

General Election Results 2024  

33 members have voted

1. 1. How many Labour MPs?

2. 2. How many Liberal Democrat MPs?

3. 3. How many Conservative MPs?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/24 at 17:00

5 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Farage is one of the worst people in this country and the sooner he leaves politics one way or another the better, but  this is genuinely a nightmare for the Tories. They're not making a dent in the polls and now their biggest threat in Reform might have more substance...

God if the Tories finish with fewer seats than the Lib Dems it would be so so funny

I've said it before but he's lucky he lives in a civilised time. In times past that guy would have been executed for the damage he's done and I'd have been cheering in the front row.

Just now, desensitized43 said:

I've said it before but he's lucky he lives in a civilised time. In times past that guy would have been executed for the damage he's done and I'd have been cheering in the front row.

Meh, all he's done is stand on the sidelines shouting bollocks, it's the **** tories who are culpable. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

I’d have been the guy holding the axe.

I wonder if the multiple convictions dished out to Trump last week have played any part in Farage reversing his decision to stand… 

not saying Nigel has any moral scruples but he’s probably thought openly supporting now could damage his ‘image’ over here (as the UK pretty much derides anything Trump says or does!)

No doubt, the chief grifter will find a way to make some money out of running.

Looking forward to seeing him inevitably fail again

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Clacton will be the one seat I hope the Tories hold then.

But even funnier if neither  of them won (needs a gif of two doubles partners leaving the ball to each other) 

• Like 1

Just heard a brilliant interview with a lib dem candidate being grilled on how their free to air premier League match policy was going to work.

I think it was their cabinet office shadow minister (or whatever the equivalent is for non opposition parties), and she clearly didn't know much about it so came out with "well, I think there are a lot of other more important things that your listeners would like us to be talking about".

"I agree, but it's your policy..." 🤣

• Haha 3

Rishi bombing the debate tomorrow, Reform getting a boost in the polls at the Tories expense (no matter how genuine) and a full on Tory panic/revolt that just makes everything worse. I'd have some wine to that

4 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I wonder if the multiple convictions dished out to Trump last week have played any part in Farage reversing his decision to stand… 

not saying Nigel has any moral scruples but he’s probably thought openly supporting now could damage his ‘image’ over here (as the UK pretty much derides anything Trump says or does!)

No doubt, the chief grifter will find a way to make some money out of running.

Looking forward to seeing him inevitably fail again

I thought that.  Him standing helps reform and is very bad for the Conservative vote but shouldn't make any difference to Labour. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Wouldn't be surprised if his next PR event is a trip to a local vets to help euthanise unwanted puppies.

Funnily enough I found out why the roads by me got resurfaced. They lead to where my local team play and Sunak was there yesterday to pretend to play football 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The 7 stages are:

shock and denial.
pain and guilt.
anger and bargaining.
depression.
the upward turn.
reconstruction and working through.
acceptance and hope.

I'm.not a fan of Farage but a lot of people I know are.  He's very popular amongst a certain section of people but he's all about himself. Not going to be a factor anyway even if he wins his seat.