General Election Pre-Thread (2 of 6)

limpid

General Election Results 2024  

33 members have voted

1. 1. How many Labour MPs?

2. 2. How many Liberal Democrat MPs?

3. 3. How many Conservative MPs?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/24 at 17:00

4 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I hate how people are conditioned to question “where is the money coming from?” Any time a remotely progressive policy is put forward.

We have the highest tax burden in 70 years and the worst public services.  Why isn’t the question “where is the money going?”

Asking that question though gives answers that people often don't like.

40% of the total tax take is spent on the NHS, pensions and interest payments on the national debt. 

So given people are living longer, expecting more from the NHS and (broadly) asking for greater public investment that share of the tax take is going to increase. So either tax goes up or spending elsewhere goes down. 

The answer to the question "where is the money going?" is broadly "to the places that the public tend to ask for it to go"

Another day, no let up in the nonsense. To go along with Rishi makes shite football analogies that clearly show he has no love of he game at all. Today we have Rishi has a pair of Adidas trainers. Oh you’re so f***ing normal Rishi, how could anyone think you weren’t.

The fact that they have to keep trying to normalise him just shows the problems they have 

More amusement

Presumably she’s still an actual member of the party? And presumably she’d have been OK with it this time last week.

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

More amusement

Presumably she’s still an actual member of the party? And presumably she’d have been OK with it this time last week.

That’s not her door

• Haha 2

It’s just terrible at this point. Labour keep announcing stuff and he keeps saying they have no plan

Yet they’ve got enough of a plan to steal your savings…

It’s that f***ing dumb

God I hate this country and the election is a good reminder of why. I can’t wait til my wife agrees to let us leave again. 

• Like 3

Yes here’s the reason you NEVER leave a blank piece of paper on the screen you absolutely incompetent wanknpuffins :crylaugh:

Every day they bring you joy

• Like 4

Jeeeeezus, I mean, jeeeezus.

Here’s me with a blank piece of paper.

They are all imbeciles. Him and anyone in any capacity on his team.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

They cannot seriously believe they're going to win this election. Bunch of incompetent buffoons

By all accounts, they don't believe this anymore.

Incoherent policies designed to appeal to their core vote, Sunak campaigning in :safe" Tory seats rather than target ones - it points to trying to squeeze their number of MPs in the next parliament from 100 to 200

• Like 1

latest roll of the dice, make a miniscule change to trans rights. not touching the more contentious issues of public spaces, sports etc but that's besides the point, as it will force labour to take a stance on it

30 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

latest roll of the dice, make a miniscule change to trans rights. not touching the more contentious issues of public spaces, sports etc but that's besides the point, as it will force labour to take a stance on it

This is what matters to the country. Trans people taking advantage of protections applying to their non-birth sex.

I've never actually experienced this or ever met anyone who has, but the newspapers tell me it happens all the time, and I'm furious.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, bickster said:

Another day, no let up in the nonsense. To go along with Rishi makes shite football analogies that clearly show he has no love of he game at all. Today we have Rishi has a pair of Adidas trainers. Oh you’re so f***ing normal Rishi, how could anyone think you weren’t.

The fact that they have to keep trying to normalise him just shows the problems they have 

I saw this and thought he was just taking inspiration from Steve Bruce in search of a 94th minute equaliser

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ml1dch said:

By all accounts, they don't believe this anymore.

Incoherent policies designed to appeal to their core vote, Sunak campaigning in :safe" Tory seats rather than target ones - it points to trying to squeeze their number of MPs in the next parliament from 100 to 200

I may have been listening to the same chat as you. There was a programme on somewhere over the weekend where the usual bunch of talking heads with varying degrees of genuine knowledge were discussing the election and the tory tactics.

It appeared to be generally agreed that the tories have abandoned any thought of getting a vote from someone that isn’t a pensioner and / or a right wing nutjob. As such, those are the levers they are pulling to try and mobilise a core in the hope of getting 200 seats, not 100. Someone claimed that if they ended up with 200 or so seats they would be seeing that as a victory.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I may have been listening to the same chat as you. There was a programme on somewhere over the weekend where the usual bunch of talking heads with varying degrees of genuine knowledge were discussing the election and the tory tactics.

How dare you, my trenchant analysis is all my own work.

200w.webp?cid=82a1493bcrcbin1qrkmnmn562h

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It appeared to be generally agreed that the tories have abandoned any thought of getting a vote from someone that isn’t a pensioner and / or a right wing nutjob. As such, those are the levers they are pulling to try and mobilise a core in the hope of getting 200 seats, not 100. Someone claimed that if they ended up with 200 or so seats they would be seeing that as a victory.

I think it was Andrew Marr who said it on said prog, can't remember what channel (Sky poss) I only saw it on a clip