General Election Pre-Thread (2 of 6)

limpid

General Election Results 2024  

33 members have voted

1. 1. How many Labour MPs?

2. 2. How many Liberal Democrat MPs?

3. 3. How many Conservative MPs?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/24 at 17:00

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

I agree. This is one election where the leaders aren't that important imo. The last 14 years is what matters which I guess is why Starmer keeps going on about it.

And what people can see and hear with their own eyes and ears. Sunak saying the plans working and it’s all getting better on his watch is just insulting. Nothing. ****. Works. Don’t believe what your seeing folks, my “data” says it’s all fine.

It’s frankly insulting that he’s coming out with the nonsense he does.

Starmer isn’t much better mind because he’s also terrified of telling the truth about what this will cost and how long it will take to put right because he knows the Tory attack dogs at the Mail, express and telegraph are dying to jump on that shit.

Posted (edited)

A really awful debate. I dont like sunak but he just edged it for me as he was answering more questions but the constant interrupting was pathetic and childish.

Starmer massively disappointed me. I was expecting him to be confident and obliterate sunak. But he avoided answering questions. If he says "we need to turn the pagr" one more time im gonna set the book on fire. Awful stuff.

He literally has zero charisma. If he was up against blair in a debate blair would have torn him apart

Edited by Demitri_C

Posted (edited)

I didn't watch it but reading through this thread it seemed to go the way I'd expect it to. Sunak spouting a load of bollocks and fear mongering about what Labour will do and Starmer trying to give measured answers in a format that doesn't allow you the time to, also not helped it seems by Sunak trying to shout over him.

These debates are pretty much a waste of time and aren't going to turn the dial in a significant way either way.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

BBC Graphic  for the debate showed Sunak and Starmer standing next to each other, and EXACTLY the same height as each other. They must have stretched Sunak by a good foot to make him look as tall!

Small, far away oh feck it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

. If he says "we need to turn the pagr" one more time im gonna set the book on fire. Awful stuff.

How dare you. He was once the director of public prosecutions, and he prosecuted thousands of arsonists... 😴

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I didn't watch it but reading though this thread it seemed to go the way I'd expect it to. Sunak spouting a load of bollocks and fear mongering about what Labour will do and Starmer trying to give measured answers in a format that doesn't allow you the time to, also not helped it seems by Sunak trying to shout over him.

These debates are pretty much a waste of time and aren't going to turn the dial in a significant way either way.

You are being too kind to starmer there mark. He was given enough opportunities to answer questions but did not.

Sunak was a annoying prat but starmer dodged answeing certain questions

Edited by Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

Small, far away oh feck it.

14 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Carefully chosen camera angle for sure. 

FB_IMG_1717535828631.jpg

No, they lifted an image of each of them and pasted them next to each other looking the same size. It wasn't a picture of bother of them in the same shot. 

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

How dare you. He was once the director of public prosecutions, and he prosecuted thousands of arsonists... 😴

Whilst his toolmaker father who makes tools and absolutely did not go to University but makes tools watched on whilst making his tools.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Whilst his toolmaker father who makes tools and absolutely did not go to University but makes tools watched on whilst making his tools.

Rishi's mum was a pharmacist you know :)They're both terrible for it.

Starmer did make me laugh though, talking about how he worked to bring down terrorist gangs, and stopping a plot to blow up 7 jets. You were the head of prosecutions mate, a legal bod dealing with the paperwork, not out there like Jack **** Bauer stopping the bad guys.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It wasn't a picture of bother of them in the same shot. 

A bother of politicians.  I like it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Rishi's mum was a pharmacist you know :)They're both terrible for it.

Starmer did make me laugh though, talking about how he worked to bring down terrorist gangs, and stopping a plot to blow up 7 jets. You were the head of prosecutions mate, a legal bod dealing with the paperwork, not out there like Jack **** Bauer stopping the bad guys.

That did make me laugh

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

God listening to ed davey he really is shite. Lib dems are going nowhere under him

Tbh, they didn’t exactly have a lot of people to choose from as leader, maybe they'll get someone a bit better when they get up to 50 MPs compared to the 11 they had when Dave was elected

25 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Having read the last couple of pages back, I feel the winner of the debate was me for not bothering to watch any of it.

Same, went to work instead.

• Like 1

Quite impressed by the ITV presenter who's grilling the party reps on the graveyard shift, she's giving them a proper hard time, asking tough questions and making sure they actually answer them before moving on.

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

This is quite an interesting chat…

Man, **** Johnny Mercer and his attitude of covering up war crimes because the criminals were "serving our country".

Don't want to be prosecuted decades later? Don't shoot fleeing unarmed men in the back.

• Like 2