General Election Pre-Thread (1 of 6)

limpid

General Election Results 2024  

57 members have voted

1. 1. How many Labour MPs?

2. 2. How many Liberal Democrat MPs?

3. 3. How many Conservative MPs?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/05/24 at 17:00

Can't wait for Labout to get in, an start the "we can't do this, can't do that, because of the mess the Tories have left us in."

An the quote that tories voters are scum @DCJonah I reckon you'd be shocked how much the rich still want them in. My pal (a property developer), will still vote Conservative, as well as most of his pals, although admitted dont think Rishi is up to much.

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

An the quote that tories voters are scum @DCJonah I reckon you'd be shocked how much the rich still want them in. My pal (a property developer), will still vote Conservative, as well as most of his pals, although admitted dont think Rishi is up to much.

Yeah, of course he will. He's rich and has probably seen his wealth increase due to tax cuts etc in favour of the wealthy in this country.

• Like 1

I saw what the tories did in the 80’s, and I can see the state of my town and the NHS now. I see the contrived culture war with all the bullshit and paranoia around toilets in schools. I see the use of ‘small boats’ as a pathetic rallying call to the ignorant and the scared. The lies that were told pre brexit and the re writing of those lies post brexit. I see the crisis with private landlords and second homes.

Nye Bevan called them vermin, but I’m always happy to learn, so if anyone wants to put the case for why they aren’t, I’m listening.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Blimey even John Redwood has had enough and is going back to planet Vulcan rather than standing again. Suprised IDS still wants to carry on when he will almost certainly lose.

John Redwood!!! How could I forget that strange looking visage. 

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I only just saw that one of his photo ops was at the Titanic shipyard. In Northern Ireland. where they only field a handful of candidates, and tend to get less than 1% of the vote

Then he pops over to a bricklayers for a photo op and helps build a red wall.

Are they trying to be terrible at politics?

They did build more than one ship there you know. 

But seems odd  campaigning in an area in which no conservative candidates will actually run.

53 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Can't wait for Labout to get in, an start the "we can't do this, can't do that, because of the mess the Tories have left us in."

Its the working class Tories who elect them to Government. The Alf Garnett's of this Country. 

5 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Its the working class Tories who elect them to Government. The Alf Garnett's of this Country. 

The conservatives have been mining the working class toryism vein ever since the days of Disraeli. 

29 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

If anyone is looking for an extra incentive to vote Labour:

I saw that, I’m glad she agrees with me. Although unlike that dim witted idiot, I don’t think it will be all down to giving 16 year olds the vote :D 

Interesting that the Libs seem to be benefiting more from the SNP meltdown  in Scotland than Labour 

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Interesting that the Libs seem to be benefiting more from the SNP meltdown  in Scotland than Labour 

They aren’t, just looks that way because of the rural urban split. Vast majority of seats are in the central belt and most of those are going to Labour

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My Tory MP has sent out a letter today.

Nothing to suggest he’s a tory, no logo, no heading. The small print at the bottom of page 2 tells you it was printed by the Conservative Party, but you have to really look for it.

Two pages, entirely about the danger of uncontrolled immigration under Starmer, undoing all the progress of their work against small boats.

Utterly pathetic, utterly devoid of any ideas any positivity, any hope or ambition.

Absolute toast.

The people who like the national service idea are the ones who would have voted for them anyway. That rapidly shrinking demographic. Beyond satire. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

The people who like the national service idea are the ones who would have voted for them anyway. That rapidly shrinking demographic. Beyond satire. 

I can only think that he's accepting defeat and trying to claw back Reform voters so that it at least looks close.

• Like 1