Euro 2024: Final

limpid

Best team of the tournament won. I’m sure many on here will be pleased .

Next England manager has to win the World Cup, no excuses. 

Can't say Spain didn't 100% deserve. Feels very similar to Italy game, massive missed opportunity, Southgate making the obvious changes too late. He isn't smart enough to win these kind of games.

minor side point but played about 90 seconds of that 4 mins added at most, utterly diabolically officiating at the end buying Cucurella's cheat.

Oh well quell suprise. 

Spain just better 'team' and coached well play good football. 

England have alot better players but no system can't resist the press and can't press themselves. 

I mean really England do OK for having absolutely no coaching.

Edited by KAZZAM

Came out asleep for the second half and then just totally took the foot off the gas after the goal, even Watkins and Palmer looked to be barely pressing after. Really sad Spain didn't look amazing. 

Just now, TheAuthority said:

Will he finally leave now?

There won’t be any inquest about the nature of the performances. If there was, Southgate would reject the criticism as unfair. 

I appreciate that he’s going to congratulate the Spanish staff, that’s a lovely gesture, but he just hasn’t taken advantage of the players he has. Shape wrong, approach wrong, picking the old favourites, so much wrong 

• Like 1

Just now, mykeyb said:

Got to start with your best 11 and we didn't.

Exactly. Why do England managers always over complicate it? They need to have the balls to drop Kane if injured. Drop Foden for not having an impact. Bellingham also mainly ineffective, all 3 still played 95% of the tournament.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He was a toe offside there. No wonder the PL don't want that system, no drama.

You not seen the 3D picture?

He wasn't, defenders knee played him on 

Got battered as expected really. Midfield in the second half was a real shambles, the space allowed for the Spanish a joke. 

Oh well. Hopefully the end of Southgate now but I get the feeling he'll remain for the World Cup 🙄