Euro 2024: Final

limpid

I'm looking forward to this, no real pressure for most fans. If we win great Southgate will then **** off a winner.  But if we lose, great again, Southgate hopefully ***** off a loser. 😂

23 hours ago, villan95 said:

Kane needs to be dropped. Not for tactical reasons, he's just allergic to trophies 😝

640@60.jpg

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm looking forward to this, no real pressure for most fans. If we win great Southgate will then **** off a winner.  But if we lose, great again, Southgate hopefully ***** off a loser. 😂

I wouid imagine the whole of the country  just want England to win. It wouid be a major boost for morale during difficult times. Their will be national holiday. Southgate doesn't come into it.

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

Trippier apparently staying in even though he went off injured at half time on Wednesday.

Spain will target his side constantly especially with Dani Carvajal back from suspension at RB.

I don't like Southgate, but I want us to win for a few reasons, one being that Konsa and Watkins get to experience a final and that helps Villa.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Trippier apparently staying in even though he went off injured at half time on Wednesday.

Spain will target his side constantly especially with Dani Carvajal back from suspension at RB.

I think that could be misdirection, I expext Shaw to start.

3 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

It was a bit concerning after the game Kane said his 'foot was hanging off'. But I guess he could take the pen with it at least 

Concerning for Southgate maybe, not the fans, who know he's been more of a hinderence.

57 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

It was a bit concerning after the game Kane said his 'foot was hanging off'. But I guess he could take the pen with it at least 

Kane and Southgate all smiles in the pre match conference that is currently on, 0% he gets dropped.

30 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Kane and Southgate all smiles in the pre match conference that is currently on, 0% he gets dropped.

He was actually good opening 30 mins v Netherlands I thought. I'm okay with him starting tbh but it's crucial he comes off around 60-65 mins.

• Like 2

It’s mad to look at the route the 2 teams have had to the final.

Spain:

Croatia (W), Italy (W), Albania (W), Georgia (W), Germany (W),  France (W)

England:

Serbia (W), Denmark (D), Slovenia (D), Slovakia (W), Switzerland (W-P), Holland (W)

Proper getting in via the back door (kw).

1 hour ago, villan95 said:

He was actually good opening 30 mins v Netherlands I thought. I'm okay with him starting tbh but it's crucial he comes off around 60-65 mins.

Yes I agree. It's hard to leave out you're captain and all time record goal scorer. Not sure and manager wouid do it. It's okay because Watkins will be thd finisher 

Neville saying that Toney or Watkins could come on for Kane is utter nonsense and shows why he's not a manager. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Don’t really care if Ollie doesn’t get another minute, he’s already had probably the most perfect moment he’ll ever have in his career. Quite happy for just Kane to score a run of the mill tap in tomorrow to secure the win. That Ollie goal will be remembered forever. 

This is correct: cameras will absolutely zoom in on him as he gets his medal with the "Hero of the Netherlands game" script.

12 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I would rather Ollie come on with it 0 - 0 and 20 minutes to  go. The rest speaks for itself. 

I'd rather he started and no villa player was on the pitch if it goes to penalties 

Can actually see Ollie having the indignation of coming on at around the 75th minute and then being subbed off on around the 115th for penalty taker Toney 

I also wouldnt begrudge Toney his own Watkins moment if we win, kane is hard to drop but those 2 must be pissed on that bench, show the next manager there is more there 

Edited by villa4europe