Euro 2024: Final

limpid

24 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:
26 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

England have gone behind in all 4 knockout games so this is nothing new.

This is against quality opposition. So it is something new.

🙃

Just now, villa4europe said:

**** mad we do this from yh bench rather than start the obvious

A little part of me wonders if we're better off bringing the better attackers on when the opposition defence are a bit more tired.

But honestly, the Spain defence haven't had anything to defend for 70 minutes so I guess not. 

We may well not go behind if Watkins starts because Spain don't get all the time in the world to build from the back. 

Who’d have though England with arguably the best attacking talent on the planet would look good when we actually play with tempo and attack?

Always reactive and forced into it though.

• Like 2

Just now, sidcow said:

Once again I'm giving Southgate no credit. It was obvious what needed doing and he waited till his hand was forced again. 

Almost every 11 hes picked has been boring and gone behind. Once hes forced to use the bench it improves yet he refused to change any starting 11. 

• Like 3

Just now, MrBlack said:

A little part of me wonders if we're better off bringing the better attackers on when the opposition defence are a bit more tired.

But honestly, the Spain defence haven't had anything to defend for 70 minutes so I guess not. 

We may well not go behind if Watkins starts because Spain don't get all the time in the world to build from the back. 

Yeah maybe

My thing with it is it's not kane Vs Ollie it's the entire shape and set up, Bellingham is better without kane, Palmer is better, Saka is better, foden is better 

England are better without kane 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Once again I'm giving Southgate no credit. It was obvious what needed doing and he waited till his hand was forced again. 

Stumbled across something right in front of his face