Euro 2024: Final

limpid

29 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Hopefully England fans dont act like they did on the day of the Euro 2020 final

Hopefully more like ROI fans (stay at home)

On 30/06/2024 at 19:45, R.Bear said:

People will think I’m crazy but I’m more confident of England winning this tournament than before the game and not just because there’s one less game.

They have luck on their side. It reminds me of when Italy got that dodgy pen vs Australia in 2006 with 10 men. You felt their name was on the trophy as they easily could have gone out in disgrace that night. Fine margins. England can’t be this shit again and have a lovely path. The Swiss have already shot their load England haven’t even got a boner yet. Finalists at least.

😎

26 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

😎

No I agree. I backed them in the beginning but I don't think it matters how you start a tournament. It's how you end it  we've had luck and Spain have been the best team but the best teams during a tournament don't always win the final. It's happened so many times. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Chindie said:

Spain have been the best team in the tournament by a distance. England have stunk the tournament out and got to the final after about a total of 90 minutes good performance across every match combined.

As a "narrative," this is being done to death. Score: 10 for persistence, 0 for originality.*

* And I say that as someone who has repeated it, too. 😉😁

Edited by Marka Ragnos

21 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Cucurella has been abaoslutely excellent this tournament. One of their best players

He was also a key player in Chelsea’s resurgence in the second half of the season. 

The criticism of him seems to be entirely based on him moving for big money then having a difficult start to his Chelsea career. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

He was also a key player in Chelsea’s resurgence in the second half of the season. 

The criticism of him seems to be entirely based on him moving for big money then having a difficult start to his Chelsea career. 

It's based on his look, size and being soft as baby shit 

Like the France goal muani isn't his man but he can see the play right in front of him, probably can't win the header but I'd want my left back jumping in to his back in the hope that physicality causes muani to mess the header up, instead he did nothing 

That's what I think he just hasn't got, he's not got that ooomph about him  

Add to that he's then not always positionally sound 

As a comparison take Kyle Walker, also terrible positionally but then for me walker will 100% commit to crunching tackles and sliding in as a last ditch attempt at recovering, he has a couple every game, cucurella hasn't got that in him 

That's not to say the English way is right as Spain have shown over the years 

I also think he's a cheat, the sniper will get him at least once in the final 

And then yeah it's not his fault but the Chelsea price tag was ridiculous 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

I agree. 

He was very good at Brighton and he's been brilliant this summer. Clearly a good player

Cucurella has been top. I know Dembele is shit but I thought he was class against France. Nothing showy but just cruised it. They were clearly targeting him , big switches over to that side but his positioning was absolutely stop on. Won headers, stepped into tackles when he needed to. He looks a different player.

18 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Hopefully more like ROI fans (stay at home)

How the world wishes (certain) England fans were able to stay at home! 

Sure Spain have  players that can hurt us but we have players that can hurt them too. Not only that we have so many game changers that can come off the bench.  As long as we are still in the game we can once again unleash Watkins and Palmer in the final.20 minutes against tiring defenders. If it goes to extra time I really fancy England's chances 

38 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Sure Spain have  players that can hurt us but we have players that can hurt them too. Not only that we have so many game changers that can come off the bench.  As long as we are still in the game we can once again unleash Watkins and Palmer in the final.20 minutes against tiring defenders. If it goes to extra time I really fancy England's chances 

Spain have scored 6 more goals than England so far playing tougher teams

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Spain have scored 6 more goals than England so far playing tougher teams

Quite true, England scored 2 in the last game though so they are getting better. 

One Ollie Watkins goal and the entire mood of this forum has changed.

(I know it's also that "well, there's one last game to play, we have to play it no matter what, might as well win it since we're here" but that's not as snarky)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I agree. 

He was very good at Brighton and he's been brilliant this summer. Clearly a good player

Didn't he also play in the 5-0 at Arsenal?

Cucurella been better but I do think Saka can get at him IF England can move the ball quickly and out wide but no guarantee of that given how well Spain press, probably be more constantly trying high risk passes that don't come off.

• Like 1