Euro 2024: Final

limpid

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

He just ambles around but regularly scores penalties or tap-ins/set-pieces so it usually papers over the cracks.

Glad he’s finally getting pelters but this is the same Kane I’ve seen for England for years.

It reminds me of when we had Darren bent playing for us. Basically playing with Ten men in the hope that he nicks a poachers goal 

• Like 1

Kane has been ineffective pretty much all tournament. In a game like this, surely you want someone who can pull the defence around and make runs between defenders. Kane is either sitting in midfield or receiving the ball when he's standing still and his back to goal. It just isn't working with him up front. This game needs Ollie.

• Like 1

Don't want penalties, as I know Watkins isn't great at them! 

• Like 1

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

You're just handing back possession to a team whose whole philosophy is based around possession.

And what have they done with that possession?

31 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think cos he flicked the ball first he's got away with one 

Another ref on another day and they might take a look at it again 

Probably not, though.

One thing I've noticed these finals is the lack of England flags/car accessories etc. 

Previously it's been in your face everywhere. 

Credit crunch finally hitting or general lack of interest? 

Just now, Villa87 said:

Lots of talk (diplomatically) about Watkins needing to replace Kane. It’s obvious to me. We are stifled. 

I thought the diplomacy was the media trying there best to not slag Kane, knowing he's been useless.

Just now, sidcow said:

One thing I've noticed these finals is the lack of England flags/car accessories etc. 

It's more to do with social media. People just change their profile pics to England flags these days. Putting a flag on your car is too much work and so 2000s.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I don't know, I was in a store a few days ago and they sold out of flags and such within about an hour. 

Just now, foreveryoung said:

I thought the diplomacy was the media trying there best to not slag Kane, knowing he's been useless.

Pretty sure it is!

Just now, sidcow said:

The latter I think. Barely any talk about it in my WhatsApp groups, but go back a few tournaments and it was non stop football talk.

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Don't want penalties, as I know Watkins isn't great at them! 

If Ollie came on at around the 60 minute mark I wouldn't moan if he gets subbed off for Toney with 5 mins left 

If it goes to pens I don't want a villa player on the pitch 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3