Euro 2024: Final

limpid

1 minute ago, HongKongVillan said:

Spain has been Southgated so far. Plan is working I guess 

Yeah we're set up to stop them playing as much as possible but give them 70% of the ball again second half is suicidal. Especially seeing as our midfield and forwards are total ballers.

• Like 1

Half time opinion. When we play with tempo we cause problems, unfortunately it only happened a couple of times. It is a final so it will be cagey but we are conceding possession far too easily. Pickford constantly kicking long is causing half the trouble. Kane is handicapping this side, runs like he has divers boots on. Bellingham has contributed absolutely nothing. Shaw has been the best player so far. Anyway things can change so hopefully the pace will pick up.

• Like 1

Just now, Pinebro said:

England will win this 

I agree. The tournament tells me we shithouse this.

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

We're playing to nullify them when we don't have the ball, when we should be playing to hurt them with it

We'd lose.

Spain ain't been great themselves. Lacked ideas and just hoofing the ball in from all angles which is unlike them.

I'm not going to go ballistic as we've seen this game before, it's the gameplan and thankfully Southgate has learned not to play Kane for 120 minutes.

1 minute ago, JPJCB said:

I just don’t get what the gameplan is with Kane at all. He doesn’t press, he doesn’t make any runs, he doesn’t win anything aerially. He just ambles around in midfield. Occasionally he does a decent cross field pass but it’s nothing a midfielder couldn’t do. And in the meantime he does naff all to stretch the play and create any space

He just ambles around but regularly scores penalties or tap-ins/set-pieces so it usually papers over the cracks.

Glad he’s finally getting pelters but this is the same Kane I’ve seen for England for years.

Shaw and Guehi have been really good. The whole defence have actually. Kane has been a total waste of space.

Spain really haven’t looked much of a threat - some of which is sloppiness on their part. A lot of aimless balls into the box.

With some decent subs we could win this. It’s also nice to know that we’re in good shape for penalties if it carries on like this.

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It's just another England performance. We aren't good. Spain obviously have another gear.

So do we though. We've got 3 forward players looking like they've never seen a football game before. We can change them and step it up significantly. 

• Like 1

Just now, Awol said:

Is Kane injured, or has the Bundesliga made him incapable of playing in this team effectively? 

He must be carrying an injury

Just now, Awol said:

Is Kane injured, or has the Bundesliga made him incapable of playing in this team effectively? 

He's absolutely injured. He can't run, you won't see him sprint once. Watch him jog and he looks stiff, I think his back is in bits.

Outside of the great Spanish team, the last three Euros winners, Greece, Portugal and Italy, didnt play sexy football at all. The stifled teams. Exactly what England are doing. Winning ugly works, unless you have an all-time great team.

This long ball tactic plays right into Spain's hands. You're just handing back possession to a team whose whole philosophy is based around possession. 

Pickford is so erratic in most things he does.