Euro 2024: Semi Finals

limpid

3 hours ago, Podster said:

Wow, I used to live in Nerja, I'v never come across anyone else who has heard of it, it's a great place, have a great holls.

I based myself there for our triumphant peace cup pre season 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TomC said:

Watkins and Konsa were on the pitch together for the last few minutes of the match...can anyone think of the last time two Villans were on the pitch at the same time for England at a major tournament?

Mings and Grealish at the last Euros?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Podster said:

Wow, I used to live in Nerja, I'v never come across anyone else who has heard of it, it's a great place, have a great holls.

Lovely place. Though my main memory is going for a dip only to see a big turd floating towards me.

• Haha 2

I’m certain Kane wasn’t taken off because he was crap (again), I believe he’s playing with an injury that the coaches know about yet still left him on for 80 minutes. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m certain Kane wasn’t taken off because he was crap (again), I believe he’s playing with an injury that the coaches know about yet still left him on for 80 minutes. 

Doesn’t massively matter - he made the right subs and they won us the game. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Doesn’t massively matter - he made the right subs and they won us the game. 

Maybe we should start every match with a player who clearly isn’t fit, as long as they get subbed on 80 minutes all is well.

Just now, JPJCB said:

Kane will start the final but it wouldn’t surprise me if Ollie makes it on earlier- more like 65-70 mins 

I agree, depending on how the game goes will determine when he gets subbed. If we’re 2 down then it’ll be closer to 60.

8 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

He can defend, but he can't cross for shit.

He has a good cross on him just not on his left foot

6 hours ago, TomC said:

Watkins and Konsa were on the pitch together for the last few minutes of the match...can anyone think of the last time two Villans were on the pitch at the same time for England at a major tournament?

The last Euros Mings and Grealish played in a game

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Genie said:

It's known he's got a back problem. Southgate also kept him onanotherv 70 minutes knowing he was suffering pain in his foot too from that kick which led to the penalty.

Defo Watkins or even Toney would do a better job in the final, but he ain't dropping Kane in the big one.

It'll be the reason we flop against Spain.

• Like 2

How do we see Southgate if we lose the final now. Spain are just a very good side? Or Southgate has failed at the final hurdle yet again and still defo needs to go. I guess it all depends how we play. If we try to defend from minute 1 with no starting changes yet again. I think it'll still justify a change in manager. If it's a great attacking game, win or lose. Well I want him gone whatever, but alot will want him to stay.

7 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Hahahaha, the simpletons.......

Couldn’t make it up. Everything they were criticising was exactly everything he did to score that goal. Fast and strong Ollie 

Kane was absolutely shit again. I'm staggered he's got so many minutes this tournament, even for Southgate.

He is quite clearly injured.

He'll start the final, but England are undoubtedly better without him at the moment.

The fact he could win the golden boot is very funny

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

How do we see Southgate if we lose the final now. Spain are just a very good side? Or Southgate has failed at the final hurdle yet again and still defo needs to go. I guess it all depends how we play. If we try to defend from minute 1 with no starting changes yet again. I think it'll still justify a change in manager. If it's a great attacking game, win or lose. Well I want him gone whatever, but alot will want him to stay.

It'll be another trophy we haven't won which we could have with a better manager

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It'll be another trophy we haven't won which we could have with a better manager

I'm not backing Southgate, he's bored the life out us fans. But what if he wins it?

Just now, foreveryoung said:

I'm not backing Southgate, he's bored the life out us fans. But what if he wins it?

If he wins it then it doesn't matter how we did it, he deserves immense credit.

To beat a team like Spain in a major final would be a huge achievement.

But it's a big if. That's the huge final step that he couldn't make before. Beating a team like italy in a major final would have been an incredible achievement but he wasn't good enough.

Whatever he does, I think this should be his last tournament

• Like 3

10 hours ago, LondonLax said:

England were the better side and dominated that match for large periods, especially in the first half. Neither side could make a breakthrough until the manager brought on two players who combined to score the winner on 91 mins. 

If he was a manager you liked you’d say he was a genius. 

First point is just wrong. Netherlands were the better side until England were given a comical penalty. England were then the better side for the remainder of the first half. The second half was pretty even with Netherlands the slightly better team. 

On to Southgate, his commitment to starting out of form players will cost you another tournament. Kane should’ve been benched after the first 1-2 games. He looks like he’s running in custard. He’d be an ideal sub to bring on with 15-20 mins left after Watkins/ Toney had tired the defence. 

You could say his subs combined to win the game or you could say his undying commitment to certain players is costing the team from the outset. 

What will define Southgate’s time in charge more than anything else is his luck. Yet to play any decent team in the competition and to another final. Same as the last euros, needed a dodgy penalty to get them to the final against lesser opposition. And as soon as the chips are down he’ll bottle it. 

As someone who hates the English national team I say give super waistcoat a 20 year contract! 

• Like 2