Euro 2024: Semi Finals

limpid

12 minutes ago, switters said:

Don't think it's just club bias to think Watkins would be ideal to start against the Dutch. Get him to stay high and press relentlessly for first hour, give Van Dijk a hard time as he has before.

Yilmaz gave the Dutch a torrid time, got Ake and Van Dijk booked. Hes a bit of headless energiser bunny but Watkins can do the exact same to them. The dutch defence will absolutely love Harry Kane dropping off them and not pushing them back. 

We have different dimensions in our 3 strikers and 2 of them do a much better job at what we need our striker to do in this formation. 

12 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

It's going to be a tough one. This is what I would do. Never gonna happen in 1,000 years, but we need aggression up front against Paises Bajos.

Screenshot 2024-07-06 at 6.21.40 PM.png

How much did you have to drink yesterday mate?

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

It's going to be a tough one. This is what I would do. Never gonna happen in 1,000 years, but we need aggression up front against Paises Bajos.

Maybe the next England manager will grant your wish. But don’t expect us to qualify for WC 2026 if he does.

10 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

More of a ham and pickle man myself

Was looking for this kind of response, am not disappointed. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, neilski said:

Thats the team i would switch to by about 65/70 mins if its not going our way , the formation is correct although i think i would start with watkins and kane, watkins should probably be deeper behind kane more like link man , start with rice in the centre and bellingham in fodens position on the left of centre. 

We better be up by 3 with 20 minutes left with this team, because the Dutch are going to score a lot against this. Not even a speed bump on the way to goal 

4 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Sweet jesus. That midfield has more holes than swiss cheese. You're the only person on the planet I want to manage England less than Gareth Southgate.

Would replacing Foden with Mainoo make it more of a Gruyere? 🤪

15 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Even Kevin Keegan thinks thats a bit too attacking.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

TV games 

Tuesday 

Spain v France BBC 1 coverage start 7pm

Wednesday

England v Netherlands ITV coverage start 6.30pm 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Even Kevin Keegan thinks thats a bit too attacking.

Probably? What are these silly lineups anyway? None of us will ever be England manager right now, but it sure would be a relief to get Southgate to make a few changes. So it's chance to think aloud and imagine the limits of our talents and vent etc. and see how what I think my lineup misses Mainoo and Rice especially -- obviously -- but it's too late, I've spent my Football Manager credits for today.

Spain should win, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see France completely nullify them and go through. 
Southgate will fluke us through. 
Final will be an awful game with France beating us 1-0

11 hours ago, calcifer said:
11 hours ago, calcifer said:

Anybody else completely underwhelmed by Foden in an England shirt?

Man City 160 Apps 59 goals

England 39 Apps 4 goals.       Those goals were against very highly ranked teams Wales,Scotland and Iceland

His club form has clouded people’s opinion of him in an England shirt.

• Like 1

Just now, Only2McInallys said:

Anybody else completely underwhelmed by Foden in an England shirt?

Man City 160 Apps 59 goals

England 39 Apps 4 goals.       Those goals were against very highly ranked teams Wales,Scotland and Iceland

His club form has clouded people’s opinion of him in an England shirt.

Yes, he’s clearly a terrific player, big part of City side this year but I’m not sure I’ve ever seen him play well for England. 

I’d start Shaw and Palmer in place of Trippier and Foden. Other than that I’d go with the lineup and formation from yesterday.

Kane off at half time if he’s as shit as he has been up to now 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I’d start Shaw and Palmer in place of Trippier and Foden. Other than that I’d go with the lineup and formation from yesterday.

Kane off at half time if he’s as shit as he has been up to now 

In hindsight, Palmer should have started from the start. His form was unmatched.

8 hours ago, villaglint said:

Yes, he’s clearly a terrific player, big part of City side this year but I’m not sure I’ve ever seen him play well for England. 

Similar to a certain John Barnes who got capped 79 times for England on the strength of one good goal against Brazil if I recall.

Played well for liverpool, useless for England...