Euro 2024: Semi Finals

limpid

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

no refs are just terrified to book him, he makes about 9 fouls a game

That's probably closer to the truth tbf 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

France know they are losing? no urgency at all

Deschamps is the French Southgate 

I had two bets on the match and one got up and I got a bonus bet for the rodri multi, so well done Spain!

No way in hell England can beat them if they make it 

I think the Dutch will knock us out, given how poor we've been and Southgate's track record against the top 10 but Spain vs Southgate-ball would be absolutely hilarious.

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

I can only see Spain winning this tournament. Don't see any real competition for them now. 

What about a Southgate Masterass?

Very well deserved in the end. France threatened to come back into early in 2nd, but didn't keep up sustained pressure, Spain did very well at slowing it down when needed.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

no refs are just terrified to book him, he makes about 9 fouls a game

Dunno if terrified is the right word

Busquets was exactly the same, it's almost down to a skill, don't every game, it's sly and cynical and often really soft rather than obvious and outright bad tackling 

1 minute ago, MachoFantastico said:

I can only see Spain winning this tournament. Don't see any real competition for them now. 

The Dutch might try to kick them off the pitch like the last time the met in a final and poor Alonso nearly got decapitated. 

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Williams and Lemine against our full backs would be hilarious to watch tbh

Cometh the hour, cometh the Trippier. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

The Dutch might try to kick them off the pitch like the last time the met in a final and poor Alonso nearly got decapitated. 

England will put the game in the mud, problem being I think whereas most teams can't play their way out of it this Spain team can 

I wonder if we got to the final and ended up being thrashed by Spain, say 5-0. What that would that do to Southgates rep. Great we got to another final, or very poor against this big sides

Just now, foreveryoung said:

I wonder if we got to the final and ended up being thrashed by Spain, say 5-0. What that would that do to Southgates rep. Great we got to another final, or very poor against this big sides

I don't think we'd lose 5-0 but the possession stats and passing stats and all kind of metrics to do with positive football would be a horror show

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

It would wrap up the knighthood for him.