Euro 2024: Semi Finals

limpid

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Morata potentially injured by a photographer after the final whistle

Makes Spain even more favourites ;) 

• Haha 2

As good as Spain were, if you stood their first 11 up against on ours in paper it'd be pretty even.

Kane, Foden, Saka, and Bellingham are at least as good as Morata, Lamal, Williams, and Olmo. Rodri is different gravy to Rice, but other than that it's pretty even.

Just shows how bad our coaching is. I can't see us getting past the Dutch, but Spain will destroy us if we do.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jonesy7211 said:

As good as Spain were, if you stood their first 11 up against on ours in paper it'd be pretty even.

Kane, Foden, Saka, and Bellingham are at least as good as Morata, Lamal, Williams, and Olmo. Rodri is different gravy to Rice, but other than that it's pretty even.

Just shows how bad our coaching is. I can't see us getting past the Dutch, but Spain will destroy us if we do.

Fabian Ruiz is also another level to our CMs.

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

WTF

Surprised he didn't roll around and hold his face. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Disagree.  Lamal and Williams are far more dangerous than peak Saka, and the Foden for England seems incapable of playing to his club standard, and also isn't as threatening even when he is.

Olmo vs Bellingham we probably have the edge and I'd say Kane and Morata are both equally ineffective.

Then you get to the rest of the team, and bring in the cohesion Spain have and its night and day.

A well coached England may have enough quality such that if we got lucky we might win, but not this England.

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Disagree.  Lamal and Williams are far more dangerous than peak Saka, and the Foden for England seems incapable of playing to his club standard, and also isn't as threatening even when he is.

Olmo vs Bellingham we probably have the edge and I'd say Kane and Morata are both equally ineffective.

Then you get to the rest of the team, and bring in the cohesion Spain have and its night and day.

A well coached England may have enough quality such that if we got lucky we might win, but not this England.

Simon has looked shaky on crosses at times. I think England or the Netherlands should exploit that - France just overhit a lot of their crosses today and I think it was a tactic they sought to exploit.

4 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Spain play as a team, something we have not managed to do so far. If Koeman gets a tune out of his team we're going out

• Like 2

Best team won, if England beat Holland they will have to play the best they have ever played just to hang on.

Williams and Yamal will run rings around Shaw or Trippier

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

A well coached England would give any national team in the world a good game, that's what's so sad. All my life we have not technically been able to compete with the best, sometimes we made up for it with balls out never say die football, but we never had players (apart from one or two) at the level of the better teams

Now we do and we have no game, no idea, no identity and no clue of how to use what we have.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Fabian Ruiz is also another level to our CMs.

only because Henderson and Phillips are not in the squad :P 

• Haha 4

It's been a few years now but I think I've seen enough to get this off my chest. I have no idea why Tchouameni is so highly rated, and how it is he's been keeping out Bouba from the national side. Kamara is twice the player. At least Camavinga (who also has flattered to deceive since moving to Madrid) has something about him and is versatile (and was genuinely quite exciting in his Rennes days), but Tchouameni while really good... is just that. He doesn't really excel at anything. Just does everything reasonably well. Probably a manager's dream though to be fair. Reliable 7/8 out of 10 every game.

6 hours ago, romavillan said:

A well coached England would give any national team in the world a good game, that's what's so sad. All my life we have not technically been able to compete with the best, sometimes we made up for it with balls out never say die football, but we never had players (apart from one or two) at the level of the better teams

Now we do and we have no game, no idea, no identity and no clue of how to use what we have.

While I completely agree we're not getting anywhere near the best out of this crop of players, for me the 'golden generation' still has to be the most disappointing. They played below par football and didn't get beyond a quarter final.

2 hours ago, villan95 said:

While I completely agree we're not getting anywhere near the best out of this crop of players, for me the 'golden generation' still has to be the most disappointing. They played below par football and didn't get beyond a quarter final.

The golden generation were over hyped, not many people outside the UK premier league bubble thought we had a world beating set of players. Now though most people I speak too are baffled as to why we play so poorly with these players. During these Euros I've spoken to Italians, french, Swedish and Germans who rate Bellingham, Foden, saka, rice, kane, stones, trippier, walker etc as proper players.