Euro 2024: Quarter Finals

limpid

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Can you imagine paying hundreds if not thousands to go out and watch this bollocks

Thank god the game I was out their to watch saw Youri score and a sublime Kevin de Bruyne masterclass.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Podster said:

I would rather us not win the Euro, Southgate get replaced,  and go into the World cup with a manager who plays to win. If we win the Euros its almost certain Southgate will be made a Sir, and will be in charge for the Worlds, where we will get spanked if that muppet is still in charge.

Rather us not win our first major trophy in nearly 60 years in the hope a new manager might fair better in the World Cup 😂 Some of y’all are wild.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I think this tournament shows that defensive solidity is easier to achieve than the free flowing offensive football that we are often accustomed to seeing. The chasm between international and club football is getting wider and this euros is a reflection of the limitations of the international game. 

The sorts of football we see from teams managed by Pep, Unai and Klopp (and many many others) week after week takes months of coaching. There’s just not the time in a tournament to get the movement and positioning right. I think the players are terrified of getting it wrong. You see it to some extent in the French performances too. It might be that the Spanish have been playing this way for longer and can sort of make a go of it.

This isn’t to give a pass to Southgate. He’s made so many practical errors it it baffles me: changing the shape all the time reeks of desperation and a man in search of an answer to a question he wasn’t expecting to be asked. I don’t think he can actually coach in the modern style and so resorts to set pieces and boring possession football. He wouldn’t last a second as a coach in a top European league. 

True but Unai had us playing fantastic football in his very first game. We tore Manure apart.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jim said:

Rather us not win our first major trophy in nearly 60 years in the hope a new manager might fair better in the World Cup 😂 Some of y’all are wild.

The love of Gerrardball still kicks in. Moments of magic tactics

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

On 06/07/2024 at 04:03, Genie said:

I have watched thinking that a lot of the players look tired.

I can see players opting out of future Euros for this reason, coupled with hotter summers. 

10 hours ago, jim said:

I watched England win the world cup as a 10 year old boy, I have been a proud England fan ever since, do I want them to win? of course I do, I always do. Am I proud of the way they have played? no, more like ashamed, it's been embarassing. Will we win the world cup under Southgate? very unlikely. Would I prefer to win the World cup or the Euro? well thats a stupid question. To win the World Cup we need shut of Southgate. To win this Euro we have to beat the Dutch and probably Spain, does anyone believe we will do that based on the way we are playing? Before the Swiss game most comments were that we would get beat, we scrape a drew and win the russian roulette of penalties and now the same people who were screaming that the swiss would spank us are now expecting us to win the Cup. How the feck are we going to do that the way we play.

I have watched Every world Cup since 66 and I have faithfully cheared them, believing we would one day be World champions again. The next world Cup is the best chance we will ever have in my life time.

So if the question is,  would I be prepared to to sacrifice winning this poxy Euro cup that we dont deserve to win, in exchange for a manager who could get this squad to win the World Cup in 2 years, to feckin right i would.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Podster said:

To win this Euro we have to beat the Dutch and probably Spain, does anyone believe we will do that based on the way we are playing? Before the Swiss game most comments were that we would get beat, we scrape a drew and win the russian roulette of penalties and now the same people who were screaming that the swiss would spank us are now expecting us to win the Cup. How the feck are we going to do that the way we play.

as the tournament progresses I really think we can, its absolute shit housery and **** horrible to watch but we can win it, we are putting games in the mud and from what I've seen so far the other teams aren't good enough to get themselves out of it, also from what I've seen Spain are probably the only good team here, not just in the 4 left but the whole 24 teams that started

Mo34s type GIF on GIFER - by Kagda

we finally get all this exciting attacking talent together and its playing terrible football that pulis would be ashamed of that could win us something 

funny old game

and I'll love it if we did win, I want us to win, but then I hope he steps down never to be again other than man utd's manager, this is in spite of him not because of him, he's blagging it big time with a mixture of quality players getting him out the shit and blind luck, i hope even if we win there is an autopsy on this tournament and the very valid criticism still comes, unfortunately i don't think it will, they'll knight him and build the statue

23 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

So far inside 90 minutes we have failed  to beat Denmark slovina Slovakia and Switzerland and yet we are some how into a semi final and Southgate will be hailed as the second coming of Alf Ramsey and a tactical genius that makes perfect subs at the perfect time 

I actually don't think that will happen even if we win. I think it's now become the mainstream view that we've been a bit lucky and we're not playing very well.

He'll still get loads of credit, and to be fair easy run or not, if he wins the trophy he deserves credit.

But I don't think he'll be hailed as a genius

I'm as hard on Southgate as most, but if we win the trophy I couldn't give a **** how we did it.

We could draw every game 0-0 and win them all on penalties, if we're European Champions I couldn't care less.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm as hard on Southgate as most, but if we win the trophy I couldn't give a **** how we did it.

We could draw every game 0-0 and win them all on penalties, if we're European Champions I couldn't care less.

the football has made me not care either way. i'm just bored. i've barely celebrated any goal because the enjoyment has just been sucked out as i'm half asleep by the time they go in

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â