Euro 2024: Quarter Finals

limpid

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s been a funny tournament, none of the big names have shone. A lot of dull, cagey games. 

Bring back the former Yugoslav and Soviet Union nations 

• Haha 2

How Ronaldo has played the minutes in this Tournament he has is a joke. 

He did absolutely nothing except score a pen in two shoot-outs. 

Just retire you melt. 

Watching this tournament, an recent previous tournaments, I really think this is international football now. Gone are the days footballers grafted for there country at 110%, with mega skillz. Most just look like they want it all over and done with already. An if they win the trophy great, if not, back to there day jobs.

I dont believe we will never see a real exciting tournament anymore. The great games of the 90s have passed. It's all about safely making your way through to that defensively set up final.

34 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Just retire you melt. 

Ah, I see, thank you for this enlightening exposé on one of the world's greatest ever players the game has ever known. Turns out, he's a 'melt'.

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Awol said:

France ain’t beating Spain

I can't seem to stop imagining the man (from Goya, about one of the Napoleon's invasions of Spain) with his arms up saying the same. I'm not a well individual, I fear.

spacer.png

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Watching this tournament, an recent previous tournaments, I really think this is international football now. Gone are the days footballers grafted for there country at 110%, with mega skillz. Most just look like they want it all over and done with already. An if they win the trophy great, if not, back to there day jobs.

I dont believe we will never see a real exciting tournament anymore. The great games of the 90s have passed. It's all about safely making your way through to that defensively set up final.

Or maybe ... people have changed and the game isn't keeping up? I honestly think people's expectations in today's world of video game addiction and energy drinks and TikTok attention spans have made the conservative nature of international tournament association football unbearably dull for some viewers. Or maybe the game rules need to change? Sport sometimes do need a freshening up. They tried to do that structurally with the tournament, but that hasn't worked. I don't know. Larger goals? Nine players instead of ten? Sin bins?

On the other hand, I seem to get a lot of enjoyment even from the games that are supposed to be boring, I really do, but I think I tend to be excited by things others find dull.

16 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I can't seem to stop imagining the man with his arms up saying the same. I'm not a well individual, I fear.

spacer.png

The English will beat both the Spanish and French together 

220px-HoratioNelson1.jpg

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Ok, lessee here. Spain -- you're in. France -- you may pass. Next up ... ENGLAND! England, hullo? You there? Oi, Perfidious Albion, u up?

giphy.gif?cid=790b76118e5p0waxmcm2l69s1h

Edited by Marka Ragnos

That header by Merino was quite possibly the nicest looking headed goal I've ever seen. The perfect balance of grace and power. And to win it at the death makes it even sweeter.

52 minutes ago, maqroll said:

That header by Merino was quite possibly the nicest looking headed goal I've ever seen. The perfect balance of grace and power. And to win it at the death makes it even sweeter.

Nah. 

Giroud has at least 5 that are better than that in the last 12 months.

And his 'air is AMAZING!

5 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

The first Euro's that I watched was 2004. This is by a country mile the worse Euro's I've ever watched.

It's been very poor. A lot of old old of form or knackered players and I don't blame em.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I wonder if the increased number of games means that players are too tired physically and mentally to perform at a top level in international tournaments. I’m sure that if you have played 30+ games during the season compared to 50+, you will find it easier to give 110% for your country.

Maybe a winning strategy for the future will be to look at number of games played when selecting the squad for the Euros and the WC, to get a mix of skills and freshness. It could be a reason why nations like Georgia and Austria have performed better than expected.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

France vs england could be one of the must dullest finals ever

France won’t be in the final

England probably won’t either. But I can’t see anyone beating Spain 

9 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

This tournament has been really exciting. It’s only England and France stinking the place up

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

France won’t be in the final

England probably won’t either. But I can’t see anyone beating Spain 

I think France are the only side that beats spain. England wont beat spain in fact i think they would embarrass us in the final were we to get there.

I think its 50/50 who wins france spain game. France are grinding results without playing well. As for England they probably wont but this be best chance they will have to get to a euros on foreign soil

48 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

I wonder if the increased number of games means that players are too tired physically and mentally to perform at a top level in international tournaments.

I have watched thinking that a lot of the players look tired.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â