Euro 2024: Quarter Finals

limpid

i dunno, saka is the closest thing we've got to a wing back so id expect him on the left

also thought to be fair him eze covered some of the space well in the last game, i dont think palmer and gordon have it in them 

and its again weird that the formation change and line ups are being talked about 3 days before the game

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i dunno, saka is the closest thing we've got to a wing back so id expect him on the left

also thought to be fair him eze covered some of the space well in the last game, i dont think palmer and gordon have it in them 

and its again weird that the formation change and line ups are being talked about 3 days before the game

We know Southgate won't change anything. The only change will be the one forced on him by Guehi's suspension.

If I was to change @Marka Ragnos's formation, id have Trent in place of Palmer.

Sadly, pretty sure Shaw won't be fit enough, making his call up a waste of a spot by the idiot that is Southgate.

• Like 2

Apparently moving to a back 3, which sounds great for a team that is struggling to create and with a right back at left back.

28 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

We know Southgate won't change anything. The only change will be the one forced on him by Guehi's suspension.

If I was to change @Marka Ragnos's formation, id have Trent in place of Palmer.

Sadly, pretty sure Shaw won't be fit enough, making his call up a waste of a spot by the idiot that is Southgate.

Yeah forgot about Trent, he'd be even more obvious 

Trent right Saka left 

7 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Apparently moving to a back 3, which sounds great for a team that is struggling to create and with a right back at left back.

Yes saw that on sky sports.  Konsa looks like he will play on the left of the cbs. Walker on the right. Saka couid plsy left wing bsck but I reckon he will pick Shaw. So between Trent and Trippier right wing back. Bet he picks Trippier. Then Rice plus Mainoo or Gallagher in midfield with Foden and Bellingham behind Kane. That's what i think he will do.

Just now, PaulC said:

Yes saw that on sky sports.  Konsa looks like he will play on the left of the cbs. Walker on the right. Saka couid plsy left wing bsck but I reckon he will pick Shaw. So between Trent and Trippier right wing back. Bet he picks Trippier. Then Rice plus Mainoo or Gallagher in midfield with Foden and Bellingham behind Kane. That's what i think he will do.

I am not sure it makes sense, it's very defensive. We struggle to create as it is.

Just now, Dodgyknees said:

I am not sure it makes sense, it's very defensive. We struggle to create as it is.

Makes sense against better opposition and gives us a platform to build from, which currently we don't have and is why we don't create anything.

But the issue is that he hasn't picked the players to play that formation. No fit left back,  no creative left winger..  The squad is a mess, and Southgate is dumb. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

You know Safegate. He's not going to take any risks 

6 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Actually he will have to pick Saka at left wing back because he won't drop him. 

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Seems like absolute panic changing system days before a quarter final. 

Whilst I agree, it is what the situation requires.

He keeps things the same and we won't win this tournament and will probably lose to Switzerland.  Southgate created this mess.

Edited by MrBlack

The fact we’re considering switching formation mid tournament, having ditched that system a long while back just shows the man is tactically inept and basically hoping for something good to happen! 

absolute lucky charlatan 

Trippier is injured*, Shaw still isn't fit, Guehi is suspended 

The change shows the madness of only taking Shaw as the recognised LB

* If we change shape and then still play trippier that would be crazy 

How many times has Konsa played with Stones or Walker or even in a back 3

Yet will be thrown into lions den in a Euros Quarter

11 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Whilst I agree, it is what the situation requires.

He keeps things the same and we won't win this tournament and will probably lose to Switzerland.  Southgate created this mess.

I don't know, it seems like a big gamble. Could potentially even do more harm. Because as bad as it's been creatively, the defence has been relatively fine so changing that doesn't make sense to me. I would have preferred to see some natural width and Bellingham utilised a bit deeper before abandoning the current shape.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

😞 I knew about Guehi but it's disappointing to hear about Shaw. This is not good. I do have lots of faith in the most underrated player in England -- Ezri Konsa.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The change shows the madness of only taking Shaw as the recognised LB

* If we change shape and then still play trippier that would be crazy 

Tyrick Mitchell should have gone IMO, said it in May. Wasn't Chilwell also fit and just not selected? 🤔

Even if Shaw was fit, he can't start his first game back: that's madness.

Were Gareth to do that, he'll put Konsa over there on the left, and you might as well reprint his kit with "Sacrificial Lamb" on the back.

Be nice to see Watkins at some point, best English striker in the premier league this season and hasn’t played a minute, the mind boggles.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â