Euro 2024: Quarter Finals

limpid

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

It's been very poor. A lot of old old of form or knackered players and I don't blame em.

I think you hit on it there. What with club seasons getting bigger and bigger, champions league, various national cups across Europe, international friendlies etc some players are involved in up to 60 games, and then have to play up to another 7 games in a month. Everyone is probably just broken.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think France are the only side that beats spain. England wont beat spain in fact i think they would embarrass us in the final were we to get there.

I think its 50/50 who wins france spain game. France are grinding results without playing well. As for England they probably wont but this be best chance they will have to get to a euros on foreign soil

I don’t think it’s 50/50 at all. France have looked **** dreadful this tournament. Like England they’ve just scraped through because they’ve got a few quality players. 

Id give them a 20% chance vs Spain. 

Spain will be in the final

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I don’t think it’s 50/50 at all. France have looked **** dreadful this tournament. Like England they’ve just scraped through because they’ve got a few quality players. 

Id give them a 20% chance vs Spain. 

Spain will be in the final

Logically you are correct but this is football - when you have players like mbappe and griezmann you can cause any side problems

I 100% agree with your point about england and france stinking out the place. They have been stinking out sewers its been that bad. But not always the best team wins it as we saw with italy at Wembley 

If this donut southgate can actually get the team playing then we have a chance

40 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

By no means are we saying we could beat that Spain team. But they’ll  be no teams embarrassing us, as we generally set up to defend.

We haven’t played anyone good yet. An attacking biased team could have a field day as our defence is our weakest area. Even our successful defenders at club level (Stones and Walker) have looked very shaky).

57 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

By no means are we saying we could beat that Spain team. But they’ll  be no teams embarrassing us, as we generally set up to defend.

Well Slovenia did😛

So I think the team will be 

Pickford

Walker.  Stones. Konsa

Trippier.        Mainoo. Rice.          Saka

Foden.           Bellingham

Kane

Repeat what I said at the start of the tournament. Deschamps is to France what Southgate is to England. Even with him winning the WC.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Well we will hsve a back three with trippier and saka as wing backs. 

That to me makes no sense, he could play Konsa RB and trippier LB

Completely changing your shape mid tournament because either your system doesn't work or 1 player is suspended is pretty poor

If Guehi and Trippier are out then it starts to make more sense 

Saka on the left, TAA on the right 

14 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Watching this tournament, an recent previous tournaments, I really think this is international football now. Gone are the days footballers grafted for there country at 110%, with mega skillz. Most just look like they want it all over and done with already. An if they win the trophy great, if not, back to there day jobs.

I dont believe we will never see a real exciting tournament anymore. The great games of the 90s have passed. It's all about safely making your way through to that defensively set up final.

This is probably the worst Euros I can remember, the change to 24 teams really killed it. I dread to think what the 48 team World Cup in 26 will be like.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That to me makes no sense, he could play Konsa RB and trippier LB

Completely changing your shape mid tournament because either your system doesn't work or 1 player is suspended is pretty poor

If Guehi and Trippier are out then it starts to make more sense 

Saka on the left, TAA on the right 

It hasn't worked. So he's changing it to give the team more width and agree thst it shouid. TAA on the right but Southgate being cautious as usual. Trippier and Foden on the left can never happen again imo.

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

It hasn't worked. So he's changing it to give the team more width and agree thst it shouid. TAA on the right but Southgate being cautious as usual. Trippier and Foden on the left can never happen again imo.

Yeah about that...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â