Euro 2024: Quarter Finals

limpid

5 July
Spain vs Germany (Stuttgart, 17:00)
Portugal vs France (Hamburg, 20:00)

6 July
England vs Switzerland  (Düsseldorf, 17:00)
Netherlands vs Turkey (Berlin, 20:00)

Remarkably, England are still favourites to win the tournament.

I can only guess it's because of the draw being favourable. 

Personally i wouldn't be touching that at at 7/2.

spacer.png

Here's the individual match odds

spacer.png

41 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

No doubt it is because england is the biggest betting market in Europe and there are plenty of people willing to lump it on for the win.

Yes.

The favourite is the team with the most money bet on it, usually of course that is also the best team.  England are the anomaly as they are usually amongst the favourites because of the money, but not the best team with any history of being the best either.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Yes.

The favourite is the team with the most money bet on it, usually of course that is also the best team.  England are the anomaly as they are usually amongst the favourites because of the money, but not the best team with any history of being the best either.

I would say surprisingly here there are a lot of people that know the players but not the team 

There's a few German guys at work who told me they've put money down on kane being top scorer 

It's not just the English that look at this attack and think England can score goals 

I'd also say now for all the negativity England do seem like they could plausibly shit house their way to the final and then in a final anything can happen 

• Like 1

TV Schedule 

Friday

Spain V Germany 5pm ITV  

Portugal  France 8pm BBC 

Saturday 

England v Switzerland 5pm BBC 

Netherlands v Turkey 8pm ITV 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, imavillan said:

Remarkably, England are still favourites to win the tournament.

I can only guess it's because of the draw being favourable. 

Personally i wouldn't be touching that at at 7/2.

spacer.png

Here's the individual match odds

spacer.png

For those tournament odds and match odds to align we'd have to have combined odds of evens for the potential SFs and Final - I mean evens together to win both of those matches so shorter than 1/2 individually. Not that the odds do have to align in that way, but it shows the disparity.

Well, that doesn't include the draw in 90 mins and winning which I guess is how England are likely to win if they do.

Edited by fightoffyour

Swiss remind me so much of Denmark at the last Euros. 5/6 players all in great form and they know their roles in the team inside out. England just relying on individual moments which has a certain threshold at the highest level.

2-1 Swiss.

Holland Turkey is tricky to call aswell so wouldn't shock me if we had a surprise SF and ultimately finalist. 

Posted (edited)

Ronaldo involved in a possible commercial scheme during the Euro's for a company he's an investor in. Wonder what UEFA will do about that, Bendtner got a €80k fine for his Paddy Power undies back in the day.

Edited by sne

Posted (edited)

I miss being excited by England games

Edited by Dodgyknees

15 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Holland Turkey is tricky to call aswell so wouldn't shock me if we had a surprise SF and ultimately finalist. 

The atmosphere is going to be incredible at the stadium with Turkish fans. If Turkey embrace it they could roll over Dutch

Posted (edited)

Let me sort you, Gareth. Please listen to me. (But not sure Shaw will be there, in which case I guess Trippier or Gomez? Foden is versatile but it's the one area of weakness. Also wouldn't mind seeing Toney AND Ollie up front in a 3-2-3-2 arrangement. Could be scary.)

Screenshot 2024-07-04 at 9.37.23 AM.png

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Confused 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â