Euro 2024: Group F (Czechia, Georgia, Portugal, Türkiye)

limpid

Just now, bobzy said:

England only weren't in danger of losing because we got an early lead (and were good for that first 20).  After that, Serbia were the better side and had the main efforts.

I'd wager that in every basic metric (shots, possession, shots against etc etc) Portugal have performed far better than England.  As I say, it's more that the Czech have defended really well... until that goal.

This is what I mean, Southgate’s “style” is effective to a point. He has zero interest in entertaining, just do enough to win whilst stinking the place out. 

Seems to be poor atmospheres at this and most Euro games. Visually stunning with all the colours but almost no singing from any of the nations. 

Watching on a stream at home and.having that woman and Danny Murphy as the commentary team just makes it even more dour.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

poor atmospheres

and that **** song at every goal :bang:

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

Seems to be poor atmospheres at this and most Euro games. Visually stunning with all the colours but almost no singing from any of the nations. 

Watching on a stream at home and.having that woman and Danny Murphy as the commentary team just makes it even more dour.

sounds great on my TV though not watching to BBC or ITV. Most of the games have been very loud and having attended a game can confirm it was a vibrant atmosphere

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

sounds great on my TV though not watching to BBC or ITV. Most of the games have been very loud and having attended a game can confirm it was a vibrant atmosphere

I think the problem is Danny Murphy. Makes Lawro sound like Mr Motivator

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I'll be going over for the knockouts so I'll see for myself but apart from when there are chances, I'm hearing no noise at all. 

I haven't heard much if any singing in the games I've watched. 

I've missed about 5 so far.

2 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Portugal are stacked in the bench why are they not ringing the changes vs this tired Czech team. 

manager afraid to take off his big name players 

Bruno and Bernardo should have been taken off a long time ago

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

manager afraid to take off his big name players 

Bruno and Bernardo should have been taken off a long time ago

And yet they created that "goal".

There's nothing really wrong with what Portugal are doing to be honest.

I'd be pissed off if that was given against Villa. It was so close there's no way he gained an advantage. But ah fu** it it's Ronaldo flagged so haha.

Ronaldo constantly offside now he's lost a yard of pace, was same with the chance he had in the first half.

What's most impressive about that. Game restarted in under a minute as you could see he was off in the first replay.

That is exactly what we need to see every weekend in the premier league next season but you suspect it won't happen with endless drawing of lines.

• Like 1