Euro 2024: Group F (Czechia, Georgia, Portugal, Türkiye)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

limpid

Has that giraffe necked word removed just talked the ref out of showing a yellow card?

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Southgate, shit but effective to a point

Martinez, shit.

This isn't like the England performance.  Portugal have done all the attacking, had all the ball - Czech Rep have just defended well.  England were just dire.

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

Might be goal of the tournament. What a strike earlier from Guler.

Have you seen the first Turkey goal?  Arguably better.

Just now, bobzy said:

This isn't like the England performance.  Portugal have done all the attacking, had all the ball - Czech Rep have just defended well.  England were just dire.

I say this, and then that happens 😐 

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

England were a bit crap but never really in danger of losing. Portugal have been really lacking in the final third with the final ball and shots.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Have you seen the first Turkey goal?  Arguably better.

Sublime strike also. Perfect hit. I think I prefer the Guler strike more for how it bends and picks up velocity - especially from that distance. Both are tremendous goals either way.

Just now, Genie said:

England were a bit crap but never really in danger of losing. Portugal have been really lacking in the final third with the final ball and shots.

England only weren't in danger of losing because we got an early lead (and were good for that first 20).  After that, Serbia were the better side and had the main efforts.

I'd wager that in every basic metric (shots, possession, shots against etc etc) Portugal have performed far better than England.  As I say, it's more that the Czech have defended really well... until that goal.

Â