Euro 2024: Group F (Czechia, Georgia, Portugal, Türkiye)

limpid

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Vpns and what have you you can 

Just feels weird that I can watch every single PL game (albeit on sky) but then I can't just watch the euros in Germany without getting a couple more apps on the TV 

No worries VPN and BBC iplayer and ITV X then sorted 😜 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Why can't the commentator say turkey?

Only watched the last 20 minutes and that was brilliant 

Georgia should have scored 2 in stoppage time 

Same reason they'll say Czechia in the next game

Just now, Keyblade said:

Same reason they'll say Czechia in the next game

Nah Czechia is no one can be bothered to say Czech republic 

They don't say Espana or Deutschland do they?

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It's more than just the native way to say the names, they were official name changes in both cases

Edit: Actually I think there wasn't an actually an official change for Czechia, but there definitely was for Turkey

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

The thing is, Türkiye is now the new name for Turkey.  They went to the United Nations to get them to recognise the name.  

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's more than just the native way to say the names, they were official name changes in both cases

Edit: Actually I think there wasn't an actually an official change for Czechia, but there definitely was for Turkey

Definitely for Türkiye (as above).  As for Czechia, it's something the Government want to make popular in sport etc but Czech Republic remains the official name (apparently). 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Yazici was decent against us

Those two Turkey goals and that first one for Romania yesterday were unreal, been a good tourney so far 😁

He was very good against us. Was shocked though to find he wasnt 36 😂

What a cracking game. International tournaments always seem to bring inordinately large amounts of long range screamers. 

The Tricolore seems to start the trend in my memory, and at the time was started that the ball had been specially designed to curve more than normal. But seems the screamers defintely seem to happen far more regularly in these games.

I missed the Turkey/Türkiye pronunciation thing by the commentator. .. how is it supposed to be pronounced now?

18 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

What a cracking game. International tournaments always seem to bring inordinately large amounts of long range screamers. 

The Tricolore seems to start the trend in my memory, and at the time was started that the ball had been specially designed to curve more than normal. But seems the screamers defintely seem to happen far more regularly in these games.

I think from the eyetest so have no stats but it seems long shots at club level are not as frequent as before

19 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I missed the Turkey/Türkiye pronunciation thing by the commentator. .. how is it supposed to be pronounced now?

Turkey-yeah. Ish.  Or Toor key yeh. 

• Thanks 1

Next game I would expect Portugal to win but the Czechs like the Euros and have a surprising good record. Knocked out Dutch last time