Euro 2024: Group F (Czechia, Georgia, Portugal, Türkiye)

limpid

9 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

It's Slovakia or Holland can't play the 3rd from this group.

Georgia or Czechia need to win for us to play Slovakia.  

Safegate is the luckiest manager ever if this happens.

If Georgia win by enough goals? Apologies I genuinely don't understand how the 3rd place thing is working

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

Guess I'm the only one that thinks being kicked in the ankle is a penalty then

I'm not sure he actually was kicked though. The defender brings his leg back almost immediately so the force on that contact was minimal and wouldn't constitute a kick for me.  If that's a penalty, the shirt pull on Ronaldo earlier was.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

If Georgia win by enough goals? Apologies I genuinely don't understand how the 3rd place thing is working

Would have more points than Holland no idea how they decide but hey ho.

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I'm not sure he actually was kicked though. The defender brings his leg back almost immediately so the force on that contact was minimal and wouldn't constitute a kick for me.  If that's a penalty, the shirt pull on Ronaldo earlier was.

Most referees believes that defenders are allowed to pull the shirt of attackers. If they made it illegal every corner kick would result in a penalty. 

12 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

It's complicated, but it's only known when it's actually determined from which group the 3rd placed teams qualify from.

It starts with three possibilities, so when the two worst 3rd placed teams go out, there'll only be one option left to play for one of the 1st placed teams. And then there;ll only be one option for another, and so on.

Right now it can only be D or E for us, since it's already known that Croatia in Group B can't qualify and that removes some of the pathways for some of the other 1st placed teams. As it stands we'll play Slovakia, but if Georgia were to draw then they wouldn't make it and Hungary would, which would change things around completely and we'd play the Netherlands.

It is also pre-determined, it's just complicated. But it's nothing to do with the rankings of 3rd placed or 1st placed teams, it's simply the groups from which they qualify.

Edited by fightoffyour