Euro 2024: Group D (Austria, France, Netherlands, Poland)

limpid

I thought you couldn't stop your run up to a penalty?

Lewandoski does it twice and gets a retake after the keeper moves off his line biting on the second one and saving it.

• Like 2

Just now, penguin said:

Lewandoski does it twice and gets a retake after the keeper moves off his line biting on the second one and saving it.

I guess he didn’t “completely” stop so it’s allowed. They need to tighten the rules so that the run up is consistent and smooth.

What chance has the goalkeeper got when the taker is given that kind of advantage? It's insane.

And all for a challenge that was far less of a foul than what Scotland didn't get a penalty for.

Posted (edited)
Just now, Genie said:

I guess he didn’t “completely” stop so it’s allowed. They need to tighten the rules so that the run up is consistent and smooth.

He did completely stop for both penalties. Unless the rule is that some body part must be moving rather than the feet, in which case it's complete nonsense because you could just stand still and wave at the keeper.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 3

Using an old line from Black Adder, Group D is 'twisting & turning more than a twisty turny thing'. In the 16 round, Netherlands might play England & France might play Belgium.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, penguin said:

You can’t, shouldn’t have been allowed for that, keeper only come off the line because he thought he was gonna hit it the he stopped.

• Like 3