Euro 2024: Group D (Austria, France, Netherlands, Poland)

limpid

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

He’s a good metre away though. What’s the cut off point? He’s not getting it either way. His own defender is interfering more. 

He's not a metre away and he's directly in the path of the ball, to save that shot he would magically dive through him 

Him not getting ot either way has never ever been any part of any offside rule 

31 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Well, they do also have Murphy, Richards, McFadden & Jenas. 😣 

Radio 5 have Clinton Morrison, there’s not much lower you can go.

Without being a limbo dancer.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's not the rule though

The rule is impacts his ability to play the ball

Of course he does look where he's stood!

The ball had hit the net before the goalie moved his feet. I doubt he even knew the defender was there as he'd be looking ahead and not sideways.... our refs do this all the time, they are desperate to make the headlines and disallow perfectly good goals.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Just his presence there is enough to impact the goalkeepers thinking and actions. He didn't impede him but definitely interfered. 

Exactly. I really wanted it to count but clearly the player standing in the offside position right next for the GK is having an effect.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

He's not a metre away and he's directly in the path of the ball, to save that shot he would magically dive through him 

He’s absolutely not in the direct path of the ball. 

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

The ball had hit the net before the goalie moved his feet. I doubt he even knew the defender was there as he'd be looking ahead and not sideways.... our refs do this all the time, they are desperate to make the headlines and disallow perfectly good goals.

The worlds gone mad

He's offside, people's perception of the these rules now is ****, if this was Sunday league or power league or the school playground you're all just having that as a goal? Not in the 30 odd years I've played you wouldn't, not a chance in hell 

they just need to go back to offside is offside, no phases no interfering just put him as offside and be done with it

4 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Radio 5 have Clinton Morrison, there’s not much lower you can go.

Without being a limbo dancer.

spacer.png

mate

Edited by imavillan
as he's a dirty nose i forgot the obligatory mate.......mate
  • Haha 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

The worlds gone mad

He's offside, people's perception of the these rules now is ****, if this was Sunday league or power league or the school playground you're all just having that as a goal? Not in the 30 odd years I've played you wouldn't, not a chance in hell 

they just need to go back to offside is offside, no phases no interfering just put him as offside and be done with it

Totally and utterly yes, but they have made it so complicated now it's impossible. And I'll always favour the goal

Well that maybe so but the interfering rule does exist which is why people are arguing it. It’s surprising you think it is so straight forward as that goalie was beaten regardless of whether someone was stood next to him or not.

It does indirectly because of interference.  How can you be interfering with something that isn't possible?  I've tried to show with some poor cropping below.

The top image is as the ball has been hit.  The goalkeeper is just about getting to his feet again having dived to save the first shot.  The second image is the ball already past the goalkeeper as he manages to stumble to his feet.

At no point can he make a dive.  At no point is his view blocked.  Dumfries hasn't done anything to impact that shot going into the net.

NedFra-min.png.830254682168c9dbb3fb54d520cc4ff8.png

It's not the worst decision in the World, but it should be a goal IMO.  If it shouldn't be, I'd question what the actual point of the offside rule is.

• Like 3

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

Totally and utterly yes, but they have made it so complicated now it's impossible. And I'll always favour the goal

And rightfully so but we be fuming if that was given against us

Just now, bobzy said:

It does indirectly because of interference.  How can you be interfering with something that isn't possible?  I've tried to show with some poor cropping below.

The top image is as the ball has been hit.  The goalkeeper is just about getting to his feet again having dived to save the first shot.  The second image is the ball already past the goalkeeper as he manages to stumble to his feet.

At no point can he make a dive.  At no point is his view blocked.  Dumfries hasn't done anything to impact that shot going into the net.

It's not the worst decision in the World, but it should be a goal IMO.  If it shouldn't be, I'd question what the actual point of the offside rule is.

He is is next to the keeper and way he is looking. Its interfering regardless if keeper dives or not

If Dumfries is the other side then is no issue

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The worlds gone mad

Similarly, people with a penis can declare themselves to be girls and people with a vagina can declare themselves to be boys and Tories can declare that they only selflessly act in the public interest.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

He's stopped the keeper diving to his left 

He directly in between the keeper and the ball, he is making it impossible to save it

Him not being able to save it anyway is not the rule, he has impacted his ability to play the ball 

The rule is broken but that is the right decision

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

And rightfully so but we be fuming if that was given against us

We've had much worse than that disallowed, and by the same useless ref.

If Emi was the goalie and was able to see that ball, he would have dived and taken the defender out with the ball

Just now, Zatman said:

He is is next to the keeper and way he is looking. Its interfering regardless if keeper dives or not

If Dumfries is the other side then is no issue

But he can't dive.  It's impossible for him to dive, which is why he doesn't.  He can't get the ball.  He can't even get Dumfries.

I'm curious... if he had stayed down after the first save instead of stumbling up, do you think offside should be given?

He's stopped the keeper diving to his left 

He directly in between the keeper and the ball, he is making it impossible to save it

Him not being able to save it anyway is not the rule, he has impacted his ability to play the ball 

The rule is broken but that is the right decision

I guess this is my main ire.  He hasn't stopped the keeper diving to his left.  The keeper can't do it.

If he could and did, then the attacker blocks him and it's offside.  But he can't and doesn't so the attacker isn't having any impact.

As I say, though, not the worst decision or anything.

4 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Well that maybe so but the interfering rule does exist which is why people are arguing it. It’s surprising you think it is so straight forward as that goalie was beaten regardless of whether someone was stood next to him or not.

It is straight forward 

Unfortunately I see debates like this and then the goal real Madrid scored in the CL semi final and to me the offside rule and the way people are talking about seems devoid of common sense 

If you were playing, if you were a defender or a keeper playing Sunday league you'd be **** fuming if that was given