Euro 2024: Group C (Denmark, England, Serbia, Slovenia)

limpid

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Southgate could make messi look shit

This is sadly it, imagine the football del bosque would want this team to play, we'd have rice playing centre back or something just to get all the playmakers on the pitch.

5 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Kane is past it

He’s certainly not past it, but he definitely doesn’t look fully fit. 

No doubt he’ll do the full 90 mins tho as we know Ollie and Toney are just there to make up the numbers.

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

It must be difficult as a coach to make this group of players seem so bad. 

Nah, Southgate is ace at it. 

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

When you read some of the stuff written by the 1990 squad. They took it upon themselves to make differences. 

We had proper warriors back then.  Stuart Pearce,  Terry Butcher, Tony Adams, etc.  I'm not sure this team has the same inclination to do it.  The only (recent-ish) player I can remember who took games by the scruff of the neck and almost did it singlehandedly was Beckham during the Sven reign. 

• Like 1

Just now, peterwithethewinner said:

He’ll bring  Ollie on with 5 mins to go and expect him to win it

We won’t see any Villa players unless the next game is a dead rubber, and even then probably not.

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It's so wrong.

And it's not even just the set up being wrong. We are playing brain-dead. No press. No urgency. Bad passing. Dwelling on the ball. 

It's like they've all got the lurgy.

Isn't it?  Take them off and put someone on with a bit of desire. 

When is this England team going to learn that going down like a sack of shit in this tournament isn’t going to get you a free kick? The refs are allowing strong challenges and muscling off the ball, and rightly so. This isn’t the PL where you’re just going to win non-fouls. They won’t learn. 

Just now, rjw63 said:

We won’t see any Villa players unless the next game is a dead rubber, and even then probably not.

And that’s why I don’t gamble 😂

1 minute ago, jjaacckk91 said:

This is sadly it, imagine the football del bosque would want this team to play, we'd have rice playing centre back or something just to get all the playmakers on the pitch.

Honestly its so depressing 

How has southgate survived as manager this long. **** joke

For me eddie howe or potter should take over in summer