Euro 2024: Group C (Denmark, England, Serbia, Slovenia)

limpid

3 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I think Denmark are getting leggy already. No surprise. England will spring back now and slaughter them.

Yes, with all the vigour of a 90 year old trying to cross the road.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I honestly think Southgate tells them not to. He's so scared to lose that he stifles any creativity

100% imo

Like I said earlier if Kane scored the header then the Serbia game is perfect in his mind, that's exactly how he's set us up

ETH called him out on it and everyone laughs because it's ETH but he was bang on 

Just now, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Could have argued the same about our squad under Gerrard, sometimes a manager is just so shit the squad underperforms because they simply don't know what they're supposed to do

That squad didn't have Bellingham, Kane, Foden, Stones or Saka. These players still have a responsibility to themselves, regardless of the manager. 

Just now, Jareth said:

How on earth did Grealish not make this squad

Southgate doesn't like him, and he had a bad season so he could justify not picking him.

Just now, villa4europe said:

100% imo

Like I said earlier if Kane scored the header then the Serbia game is perfect in his mind, that's exactly how he's set us up

ETH called him out on it and everyone laughs because it's ETH but he was bang on 

Takes one to know one, but he was correct

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

That squad didn't have Bellingham, Kane, Foden, Stones or Saka. These players still have a responsibility to themselves, regardless of the manager. 

It did have players that with only a few additions instantly got in to the Champions League though

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

plamer ovee bowen

On the Denmark bench isn’t he?😉

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

100% imo

Difference is that ETH is underperforming at Utd which is currently rotten to the core, even managers like Guardiola, Klopp or Ancelotti couldn't sort them out. ETH at least has pedigree with his previous jobs

Everybody else is trying play attacking football and Southgate has brought out his 70s Catenaccio guide

He will probably lobby FIFA to bring back the pass back to the goalkeeper next

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I honestly think Southgate tells them not to. He's so scared to lose that he stifles any creativity

When you read some of the stuff written by the 1990 squad. They took it upon themselves to make differences.