Euro 2024: Group C (Denmark, England, Serbia, Slovenia)

limpid

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Sean Dyche football is more cavalier than what Southgate produces. 

all the players In the England squad play way better football for their clubs than they can ever do in a Southgate system. 

A golden generation ruined by a man more dull than Rishi Sunak

I fully agree in regard to the shortcomings of Souhgate. However, these players shouldn't hide behind that. They should be committed and good enough to take responsibility for their own performances by taking the game by the scruff of the neck. 

Just now, trillvillan said:

Take Trent off - drop Bellingham alongside Rice. 
Move Foden to the middle - sub on Bowen. 

Watkins for Kane. I truly think Watkins would suit this team of players more. No bias.

That's why I found the story about not trying 2 strikers bizarre 

Keep kane on, bring Watkins on, let kane drop deep and have Ollie as a runner ahead of him

Instead kane drops deep and no does anything 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Thing is with Trent you look what he's good at - he's world class at pinging 40 yard diagonal switches to a runner behind the full back - and then you look at how England play...when the **** do we send a single runner in behind the full back? We don't run in to space in the channels, the long switch isn't on, ever 

Not seen more than one white shirt running at a time for ages now.

1 minute ago, trillvillan said:

Take Trent off - drop Bellingham alongside Rice. 
Move Foden to the middle - sub on Bowen. 

Watkins for Kane. I truly think Watkins would suit this team of players more. No bias.

I would rather see eze or plamer ovee bowen

Not English so coming to this late, but this Alexander-Arnold in midfield stuff is so weird. The American announcers are acting like it is some unsolvable problem. 

If you really want him in the team, couldn't you put Alexander-Arnold or Walker at left back, move Bellingham back (or just play Rice as a single DM), and either move Foden into midfield or bring on Palmer. 

It seems pretty easy to me, but I will concede I don't follow the England squad very closely. 

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I think Denmark are getting leggy already. No surprise. England will spring back now and slaughter them.

England ain't slaughtering any one.

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I think Denmark are getting leggy already. No surprise. England will spring back now and slaughter them.

And then we'll hear how we haven't even got out of 2nd gear yet. And, as soon as it all comes together we will win this tournament. 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

That's why I found the story about not trying 2 strikers bizarre 

Keep kane on, bring Watkins on, let kane drop deep and have Ollie as a runner ahead of him

Instead kane drops deep and no does anything 

Personally I’d like a front two of Watkins and Bowen. I think they’d be lethal together… Lots of pace and finishing ability. 

• Like 1

Well at least we have a midfielder playing in midfield now, baby steps.

Maybe we can get Kane to play upfront next.

Edited by penguin
  • Haha 1

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Don’t worry lads, Conor Gallagher is coming on! 

It’s exactly the right sub to be making to be fair

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

I fully agree in regard to the shortcomings of Souhgate. However, these players shouldn't hide behind that. They should be committed and good enough to take responsibility for their own performances by taking the game by the scruff of the neck. 

I honestly think Southgate tells them not to. He's so scared to lose that he stifles any creativity

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Could have argued the same about our squad under Gerrard, sometimes a manager is just so shit the squad underperforms because they simply don't know what they're supposed to do

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I would rather see eze or plamer ovee bowen

All to similar players. That’s why I’d prefer Bowen who drives thru (more direct) and is lethal. Great form he’s in. 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

It’s exactly the right sub to be making to be fair

Yeah, it was tongue in cheek, I like Gallagher to be fair, and Trent isn’t working at CM.

I think we need Palmer and maybe Bowen on.