Euro 2024: Group C (Denmark, England, Serbia, Slovenia)

limpid

5 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

So this has gone from “who have the best record as England manager” to “who have the best Wikipedia page”. 

Yeah cos capello has the best win record as an England manager 😉

9 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

Southgate isn’t any good, but compared to the past he is doing pretty well.

I think you hit the nail on the head, but people can't differentiate the two.

Southgate ISN'T any good. 

But he IS doing pretty well. 

Embarrassing to see. Probably the same blokes who “want to keep politics out of football” and it’s “woke gone mad to take the knee”. 

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Embarrassing to see. Probably the same blokes who “want to keep politics out of football” and it’s “woke gone mad to take the knee”. 

Ask them if the boats were stopped tomorrow how their lives would improve. 

• Like 1

Serbia threatening to pull out of the Euro's (Kenneth) unless Croatia & Albania are severely punished for their fans singing chants about killing Serbs.

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Would that make England vs Serbia null and void

Either that, or Serbia would forfeit their matches meaning Slovenia and Denmark get automatic 3-0 wins 🤣

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Genie said:

Ask them if the boats were stopped tomorrow how their lives would improve. 

Ironically, if the boats were to stopped tomorrow their lives will take a down turn as they will have less things to moan about.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sne said:

Serbia threatening to pull out of the Euro's (Kenneth) unless Croatia & Albania are severely punished for their fans singing chants about killing Serbs.

Then what about England fans signing about killing German soldiers. 

The unfortunate reality is that by making a fuss about it there will now be even more songs and chants. 

UEFA won’t do anything.

Just now, Genie said:

Then what about England fans signing about killing German soldiers. 

The unfortunate reality is that by making a fuss about it there will now be even more songs and chants. 

UEFA won’t do anything.

Slap on the wrist and maybe a fine. That's it

Just now, sne said:

Slap on the wrist and maybe a fine. That's it

If they start fining federations for what the fans say and chant it’ll never end.

An announcement over the PA system before the games at most is my prediction.

Just now, Genie said:

If they start fining federations for what the fans say and chant it’ll never end.

An announcement over the PA system before the games at most is my prediction.

It will never end no matter what. Handing out a small fine gives the illusion of that UEFA cares.

1 hour ago, sne said:

And their fans are just a lovely bunch of lads… 

Each nation has an element of fans that just want to cause chaos and sing inane chants at each other.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

And their fans are just a lovely bunch of lads… 

Each nation has an element of fans that just want to cause chaos and sing inane chants at each other.

Been a lot of pro-Putin chants and some Russian flags among those guys along with the usual Balkan conflict nationalist stuff.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, The_Steve said:

The kid in my office being one of them...

He's been buzzing for about a month now about getting to sing 10 German bombers. Sent me videos of it last night 

He's got my corporate ticket for the game,  what can go wrong 

• Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The kid in my office being one of them...

He's been buzzing for about a month now about getting to sing 10 German bombers. Sent me videos of it last night 

He's got my corporate ticket for the game,  what can go wrong 

Oh god. What a total word removed. It’s just so embarrassing how some hold onto but actively celebrate this shallow xenophobia and nationalism. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Oh god. What a total word removed. It’s just so embarrassing how some hold onto but actively celebrate this shallow xenophobia and nationalism. 

Would say in his case there's a huge element of immaturity with it, he's about 24

15 years ago when we played hamburg away and I was the same age I quite happily sang it around the city too

The stop the boats shite is mad though 

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Would say in his case there's a huge element of immaturity with it, he's about 24

15 years ago when we played hamburg away and I was the same age I quite happily sang it around the city too

The stop the boats shite is mad though 

Wide generalisation incoming, but no opinions of people under the age of 25/26 should be taken seriously. 

Heck, I was over that age 5 years ago and I feel like none of my opinions should have been listened to!