Euro 2024: Group C (Denmark, England, Serbia, Slovenia)

limpid

Don't the commentators ever learn (Micah). Don't wear branded trainers in the studio, then you ain't gotta put on a pair of those black, white sole monstrosities on. 😂

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

We looked unbalanced with Foden on the left, we really need a right-footer out there imo.  I can't see him changing it as he took two rookies basically in Gordon and Eze.  I thought the back 4 and Bellingham were decent, Rice and Alexander-Arnold OK, Saka had a good first half, Kane did a bit better at the end than in the first 70 minutes.  The fluid football stopped after we went 1-0 up, probably due to Southgate's safety first approach.

I thought Rice was excellent, not sure what more you want from him.

The composure from the team was just piss poor. Pickford went long every opportunity. Trent isn’t a CM (shock). A shame Foden just can’t seem to show his class for England.

Jude was excellent. Saka decent first half. Defense pretty solid, Guehi did well.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Is love to see Jose with our England squad

Potter would do. To be fair almost anyone apart from Safegate.

I actually can't wait to see this squad under a half decent manager. Be great if a new manager won a trophy first go too, be a right kick in the balls for Southgate 😂

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

We looked unbalanced with Foden on the left, we really need a right-footer out there imo.  I can't see him changing it as he took two rookies basically in Gordon and Eze.  I thought the back 4 and Bellingham were decent, Rice and Alexander-Arnold OK, Saka had a good first half, Kane did a bit better at the end than in the first 70 minutes.  The fluid football stopped after we went 1-0 up, probably due to Southgate's safety first approach.

And that "Safety - first approach" is exactly why we have failed against quality opposition. 

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

If Foden plays like that again, he's gonna have to be replaced. He's a talent no doubt, but Southgate has no idea how to play him.

To be fair, I'm beginning to think, no other manager apart from Pep can

I always feel with Foden, you know if he is going to have a good game in the first 20mins. If he's not on it, you may as well do something to change it. When he is on it, he's class but struggles to reach that in an Engalnd shirt very often.

Just now, AlwaysAVFC said:

I always feel with Foden, you know if he is going to have a good game in the first 20mins. If he's not on it, you may as well do something to change it. When he is on it, he's class but struggles to reach that in an Engalnd shirt very often.

He's a focal point in the City team. He has to do it himself in a Southgate team

1 minute ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

He miscontrolled a pass on the turn in their penalty box in a lot of space after about 4 minutes, was a big chance 

Stick him in a man city shirt Vs us and he scores that all day 

Just now, viivvaa66 said:

For those that are negative, should go back and watch Euro 2016, the last tournament before Southgate. That was the good old days. 

Are we better? We're winning but we're just as boring imo 

Saw that stat about the lowest ever shots in a euros game so went back to look at the stats for us Vs Slovakia, I was at that game, a horrible 0-0 draw which was the worst game I've ever seen, bearing in mind villa were the shit that wouldn't flush back then, terrible game 

England had 29 shots in that game 

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Potter would do. To be fair almost anyone apart from Safegate.

I actually can't wait to see this squad under a half decent manager. Be great if a new manager won a trophy first go too, be a right kick in the balls for Southgate 😂

Potter be dreadful though. He needs time to drill players to just pass forever with no plan to score

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

The chap on BBC news just said that before Southgate that’s a game England would have drawn or even lost :lol:

If by that he meant before Southgate it was Roy he's probably right 

But what he should have said is that any semi competent manager wins that 3-0

But again, that's what gets the casual England fans going, they watch England every 2 years come tournament time, they see a win, they buy in to the hype, they get sold some shite by the commentary team and the news and they think everything is going well

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Are we better? We're winning but we're just as boring imo 

Saw that stat about the lowest ever shots in a euros game so went back to look at the stats for us Vs Slovakia, I was at that game, a horrible 0-0 draw which was the worst game I've ever seen, bearing in mind villa were the shit that wouldn't flush back then, terrible game 

England had 29 shots in that game 

England have always been shit. Great players, but shit team, more or less in every tournament since 66. The only difference now is as you pointed out, we are winning matches we before had lost or drawn, but we are still shit. Do we prefere the winning shit, or do we want the losing shit back.

4 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

England have always been shit. Great players, but shit team, more or less in every tournament since 66. The only difference now is as you pointed out, we are winning matches we before had lost or drawn, but we are still shit. Do we prefere the winning shit, or do we want the losing shit back.

People aren't knocking the win what is plainly obvious is as Villa fans is seeing what a proper manager can do with the same players Gerrard had.

We know the England players are better than this and that is down to the manager and coaching.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Just takes a decent coach. But the FA want yes men. FA are proving to be huge bottlers in everything they do. Why would they accept to have a independant regulator to regulate them???

Your telling me pep, Klopp, even Emery, would play the same dour football and win frack all like Southgate, give me a f**** break!

Edited by foreveryoung

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If by that he meant before Southgate it was Roy he's probably right 

But what he should have said is that any semi competent manager wins that 3-0

But again, that's what gets the casual England fans going, they watch England every 2 years come tournament time, they see a win, they buy in to the hype, they get sold some shite by the commentary team and the news and they think everything is going well

Exactly, it’s really not the point that someone worse might have got a worse result. 

Someone semi competent could at least do the same, and someone who really knew what they were doing would have harnessed so much more from such a talented group.