Euro 2024: Group C (Denmark, England, Serbia, Slovenia)

limpid

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But then a decent manager would also change the system when he brought Watkins on 

Yes far too negative

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its more common now but am sure that was an English invention

It's been around for years and it's not just football. 

The Welsh and Scots have done it year after year during the rugby. 

The English are just as bad in retaliation

2 minutes ago, Giro said:

Fair play to Marc guehi, was shouting out for konsa but he was my motm 

Yes in fairness he had a good game too

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I remember Italy booing the Argentinan anthem in 1990

That had a lot of context though, its not like a random national anthem booing

I do wonder if the trouble stems from higher above the manager. 

The FA seem petrified of appointing a manager with a bit of something about him. Someone with a bit of swagger or a bristly character that will tell it how it is. 

Southgate is just a puppet and the problem is, he is so scared of losing a game that as soon as we get in front, all he cares about is not conceding. 

With the players we have, we should be on the front foot for 90mins, putting teams to the sword, playing attacking, exciting football. 

We have like for like players all through the squad, players like Eze who can waltz past 3 or 4 and 2 strikers in this squad who have score 50+ between them in a domestic season. 

It is so, so frustrating and it does all come down to Southgate. Sooner he's gone the better but I do fear who the FA find as their next yes man. 

• Like 1

If Foden plays like that again, he's gonna have to be replaced. He's a talent no doubt, but Southgate has no idea how to play him.

To be fair, I'm beginning to think, no other manager apart from Pep can

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its more common now but am sure that was an English invention

This was the first match so far that I've heard any booing or whistling during the anthems.

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I remember Italy booing the Argentinan anthem in 1990

It's been around around earlier than that. England didn't start it.  

1 minute ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

The FA seem petrified of appointing a manager with a bit of something about him. Someone with a bit of swagger or a bristly character that will tell it how it is. 

Southgate is just a puppet and the problem is, he is so scared of losing a game that as soon as we get in front, all he cares about is not conceding. 

With the players we have, we should be on the front foot for 90mins, putting teams to the sword, playing attacking, exciting football. 

We have like for like players all through the squad, players like Eze who can waltz past 3 or 4 and 2 strikers in this squad who have score 50+ between them in a domestic season. 

It is so, so frustrating and it does all come down to Southgate. Sooner he's gone the better but I do fear who the FA find as their next yes man. 

Like I said if you just read his Wikipedia page Southgate is a very good manager 

Don't watch his football and everything is fine 

He'll end up with a knighthood 

1 minute ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Potter is waiting for it

The FA don't want Southgate to leave, like a few owners in the Prem, I'm sure they are happy to be a Medicore international side for ever. The epitome of what the FA have become unfortunately. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Like I said if you just read his Wikipedia page Southgate is a very good manager 

Don't watch his football and everything is fine 

He'll end up with a knighthood 

Yep, heard them mention that in commentary. 

A knighthood for being a loser. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

If Foden plays like that again, he's gonna have to be replaced. He's a talent no doubt, but Southgate has no idea how to play him.

To be fair, I'm beginning to think, no other manager apart from Pep can

I’d love to see Jose with our England squad

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

We looked unbalanced with Foden on the left, we really need a right-footer out there imo.  I can't see him changing it as he took two rookies basically in Gordon and Eze.  I thought the back 4 and Bellingham were decent, Rice and Alexander-Arnold OK, Saka had a good first half, Kane did a bit better at the end than in the first 70 minutes.  The fluid football stopped after we went 1-0 up, probably due to Southgate's safety first approach.