Euro 2024: Group C (Denmark, England, Serbia, Slovenia)

limpid

5 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I think you’re being harsh on Kane tbh. He’s playing a shite system but he’s doing his role, which is more or less as some sort of absurd false 6, quite well. Attacking wise shite but that isn’t on him 

I’m okay with out striker pushing forward and don’t think Kane should drop in. Especially if we have Jude there and strangely foden aswell. 

However after grappling with their defence for most of the game surely Watkins and Gordon should have come on to push them back and exploit the space

Just now, stewiek2 said:

Obviously Kane stayed on as Gareth needed that extra defender to see the game out.

Kane always stays on and all he tries to do is to win fouls

Can't be too arsed over a dull, sluggish win over potential banana skin like Serbia. Doesn't have to be an existential referendum of the Problem Of Gareth. We won. I always want to see more Villa players involved but I suspect their time is coming.

Just now, Giro said:

Watkins would have done f all tonight. 

Oh 100%

But what we should have done is brought him on and gone long on the counter, I'd have brought Gordon on too, we never had control of the middle in the 2nd half, kane was dropping deep, no one ran past him, no one played the channels, no one pressed, let's be honest no one did a **** thing... We just got deeper and deeper

Ollie would be wasted in this system same as everyone else is too

2 hours ago, Spoony said:

Really hate that the booing of anthems has become a thing

Its more common now but am sure that was an English invention

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HongKongVillan said:

hopefully also means both Konsa and Ollie may just get some game time. That's all I care about this England team .

I wouldn't get your hopes up too high. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tom13 said:

England with only five shots, wow.

All that quality starting and Kane was poor, Saka was good first half but then tired/dropped off, Foden completely anonymous after being premier league player of the season. Bellingham was a monster first half though and plays with the arrogance of an elite player already.

Bit of a scandal though so few shots, England just too often have periods in games where they completely drop off and just start booting the ball in endless directions when they come under pressure.

• Like 1

They keep saying the team needs to learn??

It should be a complete team by now, it's been 8 plus years under this incumbent Southgate.

Truth be told, if we aint gonna look and play any better than we have in previous tournaments, he may aswell pack up after this, an take the Man U job after Christmas 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nicho said:

I’m okay with out striker pushing forward and don’t think Kane should drop in. Especially if we have Jude there and strangely foden aswell. 

However after grappling with their defence for most of the game surely Watkins and Gordon should have come on to push them back and exploit the space

Out of likes

But this is definitely what should have happened

You can't play that deep and then look to counter or do anything with a guy who runs the 100m in 24 seconds, it's not kanes strength either 

We seemingly don't play in a way that is built around or suits anyone 

• Like 1

Bellingham is this side's chance..Such a good player, just a shame Southgate tactic is 'give it to jude'. 

Foden was invisible, full backs were poor, Kane was a waste. Saka had a good first half and Bowen did create a good chance in fairness but the insipid response in the second half was so disheartening. We could not have complained if they had scored