Euro 2024: Group C (Denmark, England, Serbia, Slovenia)

limpid

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

It's amazing how the narrative can change facts. On one hand, Southgate was a penalty shootout away from winning this comp.

One the other, Gareth **** Southgate was a penalty shootout away from winning this comp.

And made, arguably, the worse decision in managerial history. 

I think you’re being harsh on Kane tbh. He’s playing a shite system but he’s doing his role, which is more or less as some sort of absurd false 6, quite well. Attacking wise shite but that isn’t on him 

• Like 1

England will be made to pay when they come up against one of the favourites. There is so much talent but it’s wasted with this fraud in charge…

4 minutes ago, Giro said:

To be fair he didn’t drop deep this game. Shocking service from elsewhere and drew the fouls. I thought he was fine 

He was constantly fouled. I don't know what else he couid do.  

2 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

It's amazing how the narrative can change facts. On one hand, Southgate was a penalty shootout away from winning this comp.

One the other, Gareth **** Southgate was a penalty shootout away from winning this comp.

His Wikipedia page Vs actually watching his football

Unfortunately a huge percentage of England football fans and seemingly the FA are only interested in his Wikipedia page, 2nd highest win %, a WC semi final and a euro final, man's got a job for life if he wants it

2 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Should never have gone to penalties. Half decent manager would have told the team to score more and won the game.

• Like 1

Just now, Spoony said:

I think you’re being harsh on Kane tbh. He’s playing a shite system but he’s doing his role, which is more or less as some sort of absurd false 6, quite well. Attacking wise shite but that isn’t on him 

Agreed if Watkins had have played instead he would hsve encountered the same issues.

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

He was constantly fouled. I don't know what else he couid do.  

It’s part of his game, always draws the fouls. Similar to grealish 

You look at other teams and see a cohesion of play, tempo of play and balance that you very rarely see under Southgate. You just don't see what the hell they do on the training pitch or tactically. And no Jude, the staff prepared you shite. Brakes on protect a lead every game under this asshole in the dugout.

• Like 1

Saka played for fifteen minutes, Alexander-Arnold was a passenger.

Didn't look great, but a win is a win - we have somehow become a nation that only has two midfielders that can pass a ball. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

I missed the days when the pundits and comms could speak the truth after an England game.

When the **** was that?!!!

My favourite is still Andy Townsend on co commentary, Rooney in an almost immature act of selfishness takes a 35 yarder that was never on, smashes it high and wide, absolutely terrible..."well you can see what he's trying to do and it's a good effort"

Almost like they're unable to criticise them 

Posted (edited)

Well if nothing else, tonight's game gave us this:

43 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I didn't even celebrate our goal, I've just totally lost any feelings towards the England team and it's all down to one man.

37 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

So you turn against your country because you don't like the manager? What a horrible attitude that is.

35 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

It's just football, not high treason

33 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I agree. So why is he whining and sulking like a little bitch if it's just football?

12 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Serbia are absolute trash. Yet England have been hanging on for 20 minutes. Utter rubbish.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Agreed if Watkins had have played instead he would hsve encountered the same issues.

But then a decent manager would also change the system when he brought Watkins on 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

But then a decent manager would also change the system when he brought Watkins on 

Watkins would have done f all tonight.