Euro 2024: Group C (Denmark, England, Serbia, Slovenia)

limpid

Toss of a coin at the moment whether they score or we do.

Southgate just doing what he does...changing nothing and hoping the tide turns itself.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

No doubt Foden is superb for City, but he offers England absolutely nothing. It's frustrating to watch. 

Guardiola v Southgate.

Also see Gerrard v Emery for further reading. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jonesy7211 said:

Stones is either unfit or he's suddenly slower than Maguire.

He’s had a virus/illness all week. 

probably not 100% match fit

• Like 1

Just now, MrBlack said:

Toss of a coin at the moment whether they score or we do.

Southgate just doing what he does...changing nothing and hoping the tide turns itself.

Yep exactly the sort of indecision that keeps getting punished in these type of games in the knock outs.

Wasn't it said Kane had a back injury with Bayern towards the end of the season. Looked a complete passenger so far.

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Musiala is exactly the type of midfielder England simply don't produce. Interesting he grew up in the English system and only left Chelsea at 16.

That ability to pick the ball up from deep and dribble out of tight spaces. I reckon if he was still playing here he'd be in the front 3 just like Foden is so that sort of narrow focus really holds English football back at the highest level regarding central midfielders and what they should or shouldn't do if they're not physically imposing.

I actually think we are getting a lot lot better at producing these players. Bellingham, Foden and Cole can all do it, but at youth levels we have more coming through. The work Ashworth did with the FA really has made more technical players. 

Just now, Chindie said:

We're so bad to watch.

Like football is about entertainment right. I feel embarrassed making my wife watch this and there is absolutely nothing to disprove her argument that football is shit and boring

Whenever I watch England I just can't help but feel what a lost opportunity it is. Southgate really is holding this group of players back. It's kinda sad to see.

• Like 2