Euro 2024: Group C (Denmark, England, Serbia, Slovenia)

limpid

Foden for Palmer and Ollie for Kane please. I know Trent has earned some ire but he's in so he can drop in RB when Walker goes forwards, that much is clear.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

How many Vs the postmen of Malta and Luxembourg 😜

He doesnt look fit, he'll get his goal but hopefully he doesn't get the 90

Probably a few - nature of who England plays, really.  Small teams in qualifying, then knocked out of tournament against good side.

Still, he's scored 4 against Germany.

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

And we will add two more goals late and people will moan about the moaners 

Southgateball

nicolas-cage-point.gif

Just now, Jonesy7211 said:

Foden for Palmer and Ollie for Kane please. I know Trent has earned some ire but he's in so he can drop in RB when Walker goes forwards, that much is clear.

Perfect.

But you having a laugh if you think Southgate would do this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

I hate Southgate too. But we are looking confident, Bellingham running the midfield.

We look shaky at the back. TAA gifting them the ball, Stones with a swing and a miss right on half time.

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

How many Vs the postmen of Malta and Luxembourg 😜

He doesnt look fit, he'll get his goal but hopefully he doesn't get the 90

Now checked - 4 against Malta, none against Luxembourg.

4 against Germany, 3 against France, 3 against Italy.

• Like 1

Foden looks poor for England.

I could see Ramsey or Rogers being more effective in this team (not saying they are better at all)

Decent half. 

Dominated possession, lacked chances as they parked the bus for 25 minutes, but we could have been a bit more proactive when they came out a bit. 

I want to see Saka, or Foden take players on. 

Jude has been fantastic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, switters said:

Foden more the disappointment than Kane. Kane you know will take a chance if it comes. Foden never seems to quite convince England. 

Saka, Rice and Bellingham doing well

Rice has been excellent. The pros and cons of TAA. Some nice forward passes but mis controlling 25 yards out. Do that v Germany or Spain and that's a serious chance at goal.

6 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Let's be fair, he's proven at this level.

Didn’t say he wasn’t mate, just pointing out that one of the best strikers in the world had 1 touch in 45 minutes of football. Doesn’t make him a bad player, Bellingham is operating in the area he likes to drop into which has made him ineffective. Actually think with the Serbs having to chase the game Ollie will be a good option in the last 20 mins, he will stretch them. 

Edited by WHY

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Perfect.

But you having a laugh if you think Southgate would do this.

You're right, but it's there to see. The Serbian back line are all lumps who don't like having to run. Getting more runners on seems obvious.

Dross. 

Go 1 up and it's the same thing, we stop playing and drop deep. 

Kane has literally not touched the ball and to me looks unfit.

After getting the early breakthrough, we should of got after these and been at least 2 up at HT but nope, handbrake slapped on. 

We are lucky Serbia can't pass as a better team would have carved us open on several occasions. 

Just now, HKP90 said:

Decent half. 

Dominated possession, lacked chances as they parked the bus for 25 minutes, but we could have been a bit more proactive when they came out a bit. 

I want to see Saka, or Foden take players on. 

Jude has been fantastic.

Saka has been taking on his man all half?

The "issue" is that nothing is happening down our left at all.  But it's comfortable, Serbia are a decent side and they aren't doing anything at all.