Euro 2024: Group C (Denmark, England, Serbia, Slovenia)

limpid

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

lad in the office was asking about maybe travelling to England's training camp for the day to see what it was all about, its in Weimar at a huge golf resort, the opposite side of the country and a 3 drive away from where the games actually are

not one of the many top class bundesliga training camps in the west of germany, a golf and spa resort in the east

they're back to making me irrationally angry over everything

England beat out Germany to book the camp

9 hours ago, Spoony said:

It’s going to be weird if England do win it. Southgate will have earned a lot of praise, probably gets a bumper deal and I don’t think anyone is prepared for that. 

Yeah and it would be weird if dolphins walked out of the sea one day and started culling humans, but that's not going to happen either.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

England beat out Germany to book the camp

Germany have games in stuttgart, frankfurt and munich though with then a round 2 game in either dortmund or berlin

england are gelsenkirchen, frankfurt, koln and then dortmund or gelsenkirchen, even realistically looking at it the QF should be dusseldorf then SF in dortmund

every england game apart from the final will be in the west

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Germany have games in stuttgart, frankfurt and munich though with then a round 2 game in either dortmund or berlin

england are gelsenkirchen, frankfurt, koln and then dortmund or gelsenkirchen, even realistically looking at it the QF should be dusseldorf then SF in dortmund

every england game apart from the final will be in the west

You can fly everywhere in about an hour and they will have incredible facilities

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

lad in the office was asking about maybe travelling to England's training camp for the day to see what it was all about, its in Weimar at a huge golf resort, the opposite side of the country and a 3 drive away from where the games actually are

not one of the many top class bundesliga training camps in the west of germany, a golf and spa resort in the east

they're back to making me irrationally angry over everything

Didn’t we basically do the same during the German World Cup? A lovely spa resort in the beautiful spa town of Baden Baden and which was great for relaxed sesh or, in David James’s case, painting?

On 11/06/2024 at 09:31, fightoffyour said:

Yeah and it would be weird if dolphins walked out of the sea one day and started culling humans, but that's not going to happen either.

That got my first smile of the day. The arrogance and cunning by the British bookmakers in making us favourites sticks in my craw. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

28 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

I know they are a betting company, but they do make brilliant social media, I have to say. The banner one is class.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's crazy 

He'll end up one the biggest players in the world 

I’d argue he already is, but wow, that is putting a lot of pressure on the kid. 

• Like 1

Many “experts” on The Athletic saying Mainoo should start. He’ll get schooled n the big games, obviously got talent but has been overhyped. If he was playing for us would be nowhere near the squad. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Many “experts” on The Athletic saying Mainoo should start. He’ll get schooled n the big games, obviously got talent but has been overhyped. If he was playing for us would be nowhere near the squad. 

But Southgate will start him though. He wont start Wharton and doesnt seem to rate Gallagher that much

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Why a token frank lampard? Weird advert. 

Ex Adidas athlete wasn't he? So we Gerrard from memory but more so lampard cos of the whole 60 years of pain stuff

Becks is in there obviously, utd and arsenal as they have Adidas kits, stormzy, but what was that Ian Wright? That would be weird cos Ian Wright to me is a Nike footballer 

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Ex Adidas athlete wasn't he? So we Gerrard from memory but more so lampard cos of the whole 60 years of pain stuff

Becks is in there obviously, utd and arsenal as they have Adidas kits, stormzy, but what was that Ian Wright? That would be weird cos Ian Wright to me is a Nike footballer 

Just weird that they used the Lampard ghost goal, and seemed to be showing him as a template of what Bellingham could become.

Here's a load of pressure lad, go out there and fail like all the other stars we've hyped up before. 

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Just weird that they used the Lampard ghost goal, and seemed to be showing him as a template of what Bellingham could become.

Here's a load of pressure lad, go out there and fail like all the other stars we've hyped up before. 

Nah I took it as here's all of England's failings and past misery, the ghost goal being part of that , gazzas toe being part of that, and it being grey and miserable but then they flip it to celebrations and yeah no pressure lad go end all those years of suffering

The other thing I found weird was the gazza bit though, almost like using recent history but at the same time gazza was 96, Bellingham wasn't born 

Edited by villa4europe

As a side to that as well, the Nike one is Mbappe, haaland, vini jr and ronaldinho, that one's a bit moody and really disappointing imo compared to some of the classic Nike adverts

Mr record boot deal having a very quiet summer over at puma 😬