Euro 2024: Group C (Denmark, England, Serbia, Slovenia)

limpid

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Don't you think Konsa might get in one of your teams. He's looked at home in an England shirt. 

Over Kyle walker? Would say no but maybe he gets a dead rubber game, especially if walker is on a card 

1 hour ago, DaoDeMings said:

I read that it's due to fitness concerns. It is surprising though. In some ways quite a progressive team by Southgate's standards. Some of the old favourites shipped out for in-form players

It’s definitely due to fitness concerns. He’s already taking shaw who’s currently injured and hasn’t played since February. I think it’s calculated that he can’t be taking too many of the wounded and he’s got options at CB where he doesn’t at LB

It’s such a shame mings got injured. He’d have had a real chance to stake his claim for the first team given the CB options available 

• Like 1

I think I'm ok with the squad. Can't really argue with it.

Dunk over Branthwaite probably my only real issue.
Toney inclusion was probably inevitable given Kane's fitness isn't 100% certain, which is probably what cost Grealish his place.

The defence is an issue, but I think we've gone with the best we've got

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Over Kyle walker? Would say no but maybe he gets a dead rubber game, especially if walker is on a card 

Not Walker. He can play across the back.

45 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

At CB tbh. Who exactly are England's CBs against Serbia? Stones (if he's fit . . .), and . . .? Think Konsa is clearly ahead of Dunk, and he was better than Guehi the other night too. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

4 palace players in the squad 😂

What happened to players having to play for big clubs in Europe 😂

Can blame them when we're coming home after 3 games.

1 minute ago, tinker said:

Can blame them when we're coming home after 3 games.

11 players in the squad have less than 10 caps, it’s going to be a disaster 😂

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

4 palace players in the squad 😂

What happened to players having to play for big clubs in Europe 😂

Guess people can change their mind.

3 hours ago, mrchnry said:

Watkins and Konsa confirmed in the euros squad. Made up for them 

They will get a nice holiday in Germany, cant see Southgate ever playing them

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They will get a nice holiday in Germany, cant see Southgate ever playing them

Konsa will. 

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

At CB tbh. Who exactly are England's CBs against Serbia? Stones (if he's fit . . .), and . . .? Think Konsa is clearly ahead of Dunk, and he was better than Guehi the other night too. 

For an ex centre back he has such a blind spot for them. Tomori(who didnt make the squad) or Konsa should partner Stones but will go with Dunk who hasn't shown anything at international level

Before that he was all in on Maguire who has been poor since 2019. He also preferred Dier and comedy Coady over Mings for so long

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

For an ex centre back he has such a blind spot for them. Tomori(who didnt make the squad) or Konsa should partner Stones but will go with Dunk who hasn't shown anything at international level

Before that he was all in on Maguire who has been poor since 2019. He also preferred Dier and comedy Coady over Mings for so long

I really don't think he'll start Dunk, and am pretty confident he'll start Konsa, but I guess we don't have to wait long to find out. 

Wow, so he only dropped Maguire because he's injured. Mind boggles. He really is a clown.

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if we didn't make it out the group with Southgate at the helm. I think we will, but I wouldn't be shocked if we didn't.

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I really don't think he'll start Dunk, and am pretty confident he'll start Konsa, but I guess we don't have to wait long to find out. 

From what I remembered he played Dunk centre back last 2 games and Konsa was played at right back more than centre. Southgate is a weirdo and maybe he thinks Dunk lack of speed reminds him of Maguire

I dont think Dunk is awful but i dont think he is international class 

Looking forward to seeing the first ever Brentford player to play in an international tournament for England and 2 others who came through our system from lower leagues.Good luck Ivan Oli and Ezri .

• Like 2