Euro 2024: Group C (Denmark, England, Serbia, Slovenia)

limpid

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Chindie said:

He just really doesn't like the letter J.

Ramsey can kiss his senior England career goodbye then. 

Edited by HKP90
  • Haha 2

Just now, HKP90 said:

Ramsey can kiss his senior England career goodbye then. 

Bellingham has proven you can overcome his J-atred with ability. Ramsey should take heed.

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Leaving Grealish out is a surprise, but Maguire!?  I never saw Southgate doing that.

I read that it's due to fitness concerns. It is surprising though. In some ways quite a progressive team by Southgate's standards. Some of the old favourites shipped out for in-form players

2 minutes ago, DaoDeMings said:

I read that it's due to fitness concerns. It is surprising though. In some ways quite a progressive team by Southgate's standards. Some of the old favourites shipped out for in-form players

Yeah makes sense.  Couldn't see him dropping his beloved if his hand wasn't forced.

Bit of a weird feeling about this England squad. Does anyone know what the first XI or formation is going to look like? There usually been a solid core who you know will play. This time the squad looks very young and hard to predict how we'll set up and perform.

1 minute ago, DaoDeMings said:

Bit of a weird feeling about this England squad. Does anyone know what the first XI or formation is going to look like? There usually been a solid core who you know will play. This time the squad looks very young and hard to predict how we'll set up and perform.

I think it could depend on why Maguire was dropped. If he wanted him, but injury forced his hand, we may see a Back 3. If he finally feels somebody beat out Maguire, the decision will be who partners Rice and Rice played as a 6 or 8

8 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I think it could depend on why Maguire was dropped. If he wanted him, but injury forced his hand, we may see a Back 3. If he finally feels somebody beat out Maguire, the decision will be who partners Rice and Rice played as a 6 or 8

He won't go back 3 In the group games. Unless he wants to play TAA on the right

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He won't go back 3 In the group games. Unless he wants to play TAA on the right

That's what I think is possible

Pickford

Walker Stones Gomez

Trent.                          Shaw

Rice.  Bellingham

Saka.                        Foden

Kane

Or this, with Mainoo as a 6, Rice 8?

CB as a partnership could really go any way imo. Guehi is the best imo, but hasn't shown it for England. 

Pickford

Walker Stones Guehi Shaw

Rice Mainoo

Saka.       Jude.      Foden

Kane

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

CB as a partnership could really go any way imo. Guehi is the best imo, but hasn't shown it for England. 

Pickford

Walker Stones Guehi Shaw

Rice Mainoo

Kane

Think this is more likely (and favourable) given how Bellingham has been used for England so far. Maybe Gallagher over Mainoo but hard to know how highly Southgate rates/trusts Mainoo

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Pickford

Walker Stones Guehi Shaw

Rice Mainoo

Kane

Don't you think Konsa might get in one of your teams. He's looked at home in an England shirt. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Don't you think Konsa might get in one of your teams. He's looked at home in an England shirt. 

I'd play him yeah, but I don't think Southgate starts him

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

I think Ollie gives you something different and a better chance of a goal late in a game. Toney gives you a better chance of scoring a Penalty in a shootout.

This. Ollie is a handful and helps tire out and wear down defenses physically and mentally, too. He's a pain in the ar*e to cover. Like Salah and Solanke, he takes a lot of shots, too.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

No point testing players thay aren't on the plane.

Too late for that. Now is the time to get the team ready for the tournament.

I dislike Southgate, but it's the right call.

For me it's more a case of protecting the players rather than a meaningless game